Interactive Broker negative account balance EUR/CHF customer group...

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by EURCHF, Jan 30, 2015.

1. luisHK

luisHK

I'mNobody posted a similar chart from Dukaskopy with the volume on a different thread. I first thought it was in thousands and hence the market was dead but it seems to be in millions. Check it out, I'm curious to read comments about this, I was long RF (EURCHF) futures and they were dead once i noticed the mess, several minutes after the floor broke.
    BTW IB didn't liquidate and it was very difficult to exit the trade (or at least in my case to hedge the future position in the spot market as the market was moving fast and TWS wouldn't let the orders go through (there is a separate thread about this - I didn't lose enough to become margin deficient but with the CHF below 0.90 I felt quite a bit worried)

#31     Feb 5, 2015
  2. EURCHF

EURCHF

@luisHK
    Can you provide a link to the thread you are referring to?

#32     Feb 5, 2015
  3. mikeman

mikeman

#33     Feb 15, 2015
  4. mikeman

mikeman

The CEO made it clear in his IB post SNB Bomb that they chose not to auto liquidate because it was to fast for them. What ever that means. I advise those with a significant negative balance to do nothing but hire an lawyer with securities expertise and consider filing a complaint with IB on there web site and ask the neg. balance be removed. Consider a FINRA complaint also. To collect they must get a judgment and that only by going to arbitration which you may or may not choose to fight with them in. If you lose by not showing up or in the arbitration they will get a ruling to take to a judge who will give them a money judgment. Then you will owe them the money. From there again you need a lawyer to protect yourself. Good luck.

#34     Feb 15, 2015
  5. Snbmess

Snbmess

1. "IB chose not to auto liquidate because it was too fast ?" lol :) that means IB spent time to decide whether to auto liquidate or not? Based on which facts did they decide not to do it?
    Auto liquidation is a real time algo, not a press button process

2. I know people who were auto liquidated and I know some who were not...how can you explain that?

#35     Feb 15, 2015
  6. Snbmess

Snbmess

10 minutes? why not 2 days or 1 year?

Great idea...car manufacturers should do the same with airbags...wait some time to make sure car has REALLY CRASHED

#36     Feb 15, 2015
  7. d08

d08

Not comparable. I often briefly violate margin only to return to positive territory minutes later.
    As a trader, it's your responsibility to monitor your trading.

#37     Feb 15, 2015
  8. Snbmess

Snbmess

How do you know you will return to positive territory?

#38     Feb 15, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.
  9. d08

d08

I don't but at least I'd have a choice in WHAT I want to liquidate. Not everyone is trading one currency pair. I have a preference of what I want liquidated first and doing it myself offers more control than "liquidate last".

#39     Feb 15, 2015
  10. Snbmess

Snbmess

You said you always end up in positive territory...now you are saying it's not true:) as you seem to know where market goes, I am surprised that you often violate margin...is it kind of HOBBY you have?

#40     Feb 16, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.