Interactive Brokers Commission too expensive (FGBL)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by edward22245, Nov 1, 2020.

1. I trade with the Interactive Brokers now.
    They charge me 2 euro for the bund per side, so 4 euros for every trade I make.

Optimus futures, on the other hand, charges only 1.48US$ per side, so approximately 2.49 euros per trade. This is 40% cheaper then what IB is charging me with. [Commisions .5+ .25 routing fee, CQG + 0.5 margin +0.23 exchange fee]

I thought IB was famous for cheap commisions....
    Are they charginig me too much? Should I consider changing my broker? or is it worth it to stay?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Look at the unbundled pricing at IB. How many sides do you do a month?

3. probably its lowest tier

4. maxinger

maxinger

Strange ...
    why do people expect IB to be the lowest of the lowest in everything?

Your decision mister ;
    Go do benchmarking, and choose a broker
    that best suits you.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

At IB you could be 100% long stocks and then use that as margin to trade futures or options on futures.

Apologetik likes this.
  6. I do this, but you do limit your available funds and run the risk of a liquidation event. For my account this limits me to only so many ES contracts versus god knows how many of I did not have the money in the stock/bond side. I found this out when I went to add contracts on a trade.

Just be aware of your limits and available funds.

7. def

def Sponsor

Choose tiered commission
    Cost-Plus Tiered Commission per Contract
    Contract Volume (per month) 1 EUR
    <= 1,000 0.90
    1,001 - 10,000 0.60
    10,001 - 20,000 0.40
    > 20,000 0.25
    Example

1 CAC40 Futures Contract = IBKR Execution Fee EUR 0.90 + Exchange Fee EUR 0.17 + Clearing Fee EUR 0.13 + Regulatory Fee EUR 0.00 = EUR 1.20

tomas262, TradeTune and FSU like this.

8. well I wouldn't mind if they charge slightly more than the others but it just seems they are way above the industry standard...

9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

If you want to scalp the Bund without worries about fees, then try the following:
    - get a membership with Tradovate, by doing so you will end up paying only 0.54 per side, all-in.
    - if you want to get even lower then get in talk with Tradovate once you have your account there, and ask them to request Dorman to get in contact with Eurex to arrange something for you. It is possible to completly eliminate the exchange fees at Eurex, which will result in you paying only something like 0.10 per side.

Voila, now you can trade the Bund high frequency without worries.

Happy scalping !
    CALLumbus

10. def

def Sponsor

You seem to be ignoring the question "why aren't you choosing tiered commission?"

#10     Nov 2, 2020