Interest Free forex brokerages?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by russell007, Nov 10, 2005.

1. well trading 1 lot for every 10k sounds like fair? for each one of the account. lets u more the market against you for 1000pips?

#11     Nov 11, 2005
  2. I wanted to ask that does anyone know a forex broker whcih lets you swap funds from one account to another account between the same brokerage company but with different name accounts?

Any help would be appreciated!

#12     Nov 12, 2005
  3. Oanda has subaccounts....

#13     Dec 21, 2005
  4. Where is the link about interest free broker ?

#14     Feb 18, 2006
  5. I ran into a guy this evening who talked about FX Trainer.
    What is that? It sounded like a pyramid scheme. Does anyone have info or insight on it?

He proceeded to say he was giving seminars in two different states-- which made me think: when does he have time to trade?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

#15     Feb 18, 2006
  6. If it was that easy to figure out, the last thing you'd care about is a measly few pips every week :)

#16     Feb 18, 2006
  7. Some time ago I also thought about this possibility (long GBPJPY, USDJPY or even AUDJPY and short it on another broker). It seemed great and risk-free. And it actually is, but to get a profit of just 20% per year you need to leverage at least 4:1 (actually 8:1 if you split the money equally between two brokers). And with such a leverage it's quite easy to get a margin call especially with such a pair as GBPJPY.

So you either need to put in much more money (and get much less percentage gain) or frequently and fast add more money to the losing side or close both positions and move some funds from one winning broker to losing and open again.

In either case there are a lot of additional fees added (transaction charges etc.). So it makes sence if you a) satisfied with a modest gain (maybe 10-15% per year) or b) have a lot of money what allows you to open big positions that easily cover all transaction costs.

So in my opinion it's definately a way to make money, but not a Holy Grail of course. You can just as easily sell gold (or any other good for this kind of spread) future and buy gold (or anything else also) spot to get your 15% per annum the same way. And commodities are known to move much slower than currencies, so less need to add money to losing side etc.

Just my opinion about this strategy.

#17     Feb 19, 2006
  8. hawkyama

hawkyama

Marketiva, a FX company located in Switzerland doesn't require any interest, I guess. You don't receive any interest either though.

So you can sell one pair which has negative interest and buy the same pair on normal FX compnay at the same price, technically you can get that interest with no risk.

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. Chood

Chood

What risks arise from (1) sending your money to Marketiva, and (2) buying or selling currency quotes it sends to its customers' PCs? I assume you've looked into those questions.

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. Whatever the company outside U.S contains huge risks about redeeming funds. It is especially for forex brokers , better say forex market makers or bucketshops. Be careful about scammers.
    And remember there is no free lunch. If so, how do you know it is poison-free ?

#20     Feb 24, 2006