Interest Free forex brokerages?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by russell007, Nov 10, 2005.

1. hawkyama

hawkyama

Actually, Marketiva doesn't accept US resident. I forgot to write it down.

There is always risk to deposit money to FX company even within USA. Don't you remember about RefcoFX? But, as the compnay is located in Switzerland, I'm not too much afraid of sending money though.

What we can do is searching the net about the reputation and contacting them to see their business attitude.

#21     Feb 25, 2006
  2. Here are some interest rates.

#22     Feb 26, 2006
  3. Is that GCI rates ?

#23     Feb 27, 2006
  4. magister

magister

I think the oanda \ marketiva can work for non-us residence.

If you have enough to cover your losses in your hedge.

Another question is how to time the 2 trades

If you buy GBPJPY at the buy price
    and short it at the offer price you are going to be
    a couple of pips off which will eat into the earnings
    from interest.

Once I can think of a way around this I will be in.

#24     Mar 2, 2006
  5. traderob

traderob

Dear Marketiva spammers,
    If another member joins this month and starts with more spam about marketiva I will remove every reference to marketiva for the next ....I don't know how long....

Any member in good standing may of course post their experiences with this broker.
    moderator.

#25     Mar 2, 2006
  6. Is there a brokerage in the U.S. that does not charge or pay interest? And even better one that you can set up one account that does, and one that doesn't. Does MA stand for some brokerage?

If you could set this up so that you could transfer back and forth so you don't get a margin call in one of your accounts, you could make a lot of risk free money. If you picked NZD/JPY, and leveraged it out to 40:1, you would make 145% per year. And it would even be more if you compounded off your gained interest, or increased your levereage to 100:1. But if you would need a fast free way to transfer between accounts.

Edit:

I guess you could always close your open position on your negative interest account just before the end of the day, and not be hedged for a little while. But you would have to do it each day. I might try this in my Oanda account. I already have a sub account there, and could transfer back and forth easy, and free.

#26     Mar 18, 2006
  7. After reading some posts in different threads about interest and forex I still don't know how much effect it has. If we are only holding a trade for a few days wouldn't any interest be negligible?

#27     Mar 18, 2006
  8. I think the idea would be to hold it until the interest rates were no longer worth it. It could be years, just gaining interest on your leveraged money.

#28     Mar 18, 2006
  9. The largest part of you gains come from the change in price, where interest earned is a bonus...(there can be a cost of carry too if you trade in that direction)

This interest is quite a nice bonus.
    I have calculated that 30% of a years ROI is from interest earned in my trading. Now this may not be the same for other currency traders, but I am a PICS (Positive Interest Carry System) trader with a little discretionary authority added.

Michael B.

#29     Mar 18, 2006
  10. The "close just before the end of the day, then re-open" trick will not work with Oanda, of course. They calculate interest by the second, 24/7/365, both debit and credit.

Instead, take a close look at both ElectricSavant's threads archived in the Trading Journals forum, for an in-depth, fully disclosed, interest carry methodology.

#30     Mar 18, 2006