Interesting/Fun Thing That Happened Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by riclater211, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Whats up fellow ETers,

I hope others will join in about interesting things that happen to them.

This happened to me on Saturday.

I enjoy people watching. Its like being at the zoo. I have a low opinion of people in general. I tend to think of the masses as less hairy monkeys who drive. That is why I love going to Costco ( A members only wholesale club) on Saturdays. Its full of people fighting for parking, shopping carts and products. Prime location to watch people fight over dumb things.

On this Saturday I had item to return. Because of the 6 foot rule of SD, the line seemed extra long. I was only waiting about 5 minutes before some lady cut the person in front of me. The person who cut the line was on the phone. The person in front of me looked back at me and shook her head.

Because I am a trouble maker in my off time, I had to say something. Because I was raised by a great mom, I tried to be nice 1st.

"Excuse me..."

No response. So a little louder this time

"EXCUSE ME"....

Still nothing..

"Hey B****!"

That got her attention. She whipped her head around, eyes wide and said,

"What gives you the right to say that to me you sexist pig?"

Before I even had a chance to respond, the lady in front of me and behind me started yelling at her in my defense! I was taken back a bit. All 3 women stepped out of line to yell at each other. It was so awesome.

As security approached, the 3 got louder. Security broke them up. I could not hear what was being said, then WHAM! The lady who cut the line was on the floor holding her face, the lady who was behind me, (my hero) was taken to the ground by security. I couldn't hold in my laughter. I know, not cool right? I don't care. That was funny and it was me who started it. LOL.

On my way out I saw local PD talking to everyone who was involved. That really made my day. That dummy who cut the line is gonna think twice about cutting. I am glad I was part of that behavioral correction.

Have a great and profitable week.

- Ric

2. Not in the same league as Ric's tale, but following moderate snowfall across much of the UK over the weekend like all right-minded British citizens I built a fab snowman*** in the garden. However, this morning I was horrified to discover he'd been brutally decapitated. Still looking for the culprit, but I’m highly suspicious that Chinese or Russian state security apparatus was responsible. Novichok is known not to work well in cooler temperatures so the decapitation makes sense.

*** to be clear I mean a snow being who self identifies as male

riclater211 likes this.
  3. Hey, that was hilarious dude.