Interpreting end of day volume

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by spectastic, Jul 14, 2021.

1. spectastic

spectastic

I'm not really talking about power hour where day traders close out of positions, but rather the volume right at close or right after close, where there would sometimes be a huge volume candle, but no significant price movement. What do these movements typically represent? I saw a lot of these candles a couple of weeks ago, when I think a lot of them got added to the russell 3000. Aside from this, what are other reasons why there might be huge volume right at close?

Also, sometimes I see huge wicks afterhours. I called my broker and they don't know what it is. For a long time, I've thought those are options exercises, but never really confirmed it. What are they really?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. If you go to my education post, read the third primer on Us equity market structure.

spectastic likes this.
  3. kmiklas

kmiklas

Any advice on how do see what's happening inside the dark pools?

4. Overnight

Overnight

If you could, then they would not be "dark", right? Heh

5. %%
    Typical close /settlement+ open volume.
    AS far no price movement= supply/demand mini match; maxi mismatch is the big trends,
    POST market wicks/spikes = a good reason not to do irregular hours.:caution::caution:

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

advise for everyone... turn off TV during market hours. It clogs your mind with nonsense!

https://www.darkpoolsecrets.com/

kmiklas likes this.
  7. kmiklas

kmiklas

I like to watch Jonathan Ferro's "The Open" from 9:30-10am ET on BB. He's not bad.