Is there a peer to peer trading platform?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wxytrader, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Just eliminate the brokers and the clearing houses entirely. Have a completely peer to peer trading network. No fees. No settlement dates. No market makers. No spread.

I just went through it with my broker doing the Norbit gambit...I bought DLR and journaled it over to US, sold it and withdrew the funds. Then they try to say I have to pay them interest on the money I withdrew because it didn't settle yet. I'm like "that sounds like a you problem."

I didn't even use any margin. It's like don't try to charge me interest on money you didn't even lend me technically. Total fing racket.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  2. I'm thinking more of a music sharing model but with trading stocks. We shouldn't need a broker, market makers or a clearing house taking a cut. It would have to be a derivative market of course. Smart contracts could take the place of the clearing house for custodial purposes. You could have no trading fees at all, including for options. Imagine being able to get in and out of trades at zero cost other than the actual gain or loss!

3. PPC

PPC

How would you call your “completely peer to peer trading network”?

La La Land? :D

4. BMK

BMK

Your idea sounds a lot like crypto...

Started out as a system where one could transfer digital assets without an exchange or broker.

Don't need to trust anyone. Don't need any kind of SEC or CFTC regulation, or SIPC protection, 'cause everything is verified on the blockchain.

How's that working out in the real world? LMAO

So you want to have something like Craigslist, where I post that I have 1000 shares of SPY for sale, who wants to buy them?

So you e-mail me with an offer, and I accept it. And then...

We meet in the parking lot at the Dunkin' Donuts that is 10 minutes from my house and 15 minutes from your house.

You hand me a bag of US currency, and I hand you...

Ummm...

Okay, lemmee think about this for a minute...

Picaso and rb7 like this.
  5. Who's Craig list?

How is crypto working out in the real world? Great.

6. BMK

BMK

Okay, this is why we need to bring back paper stock certificates

Then we can have a peer-to-peer trading network, with no need for brokers

Never should have gone off the gold standard
    and never should have eliminated paper stock certificates

Ted Kaczynski was right

Technology is destroying society

7. BMK

BMK

Really?

I did not know that.

So I can use crypto, instead of fiat money, without a bank, broker, or exchange, for ordinary everyday transactions, like, say, buying groceries? Or paying the rent for the premises of the restaurant business that I own? Or paying for health care?

Isn't that the original vision for Bitcoin? Or am I getting it all wrong?

8. Have you been living in a cave? Yes, you can by real estate, or cars using bitcoin. I had a landscaper say he accepted bitcoin years ago...I don't think he does landscaping anymore lol.

Bitcoin has clearly become the defacto store of value. While gold went from $1200 to $1800, Bitcoin went from 6k to 60k. lol...gold isn't even in the conversation anymore.

Fiat is done just like gas cars. It's just a matter of time.

9. cesfx

cesfx

Another delusional thread :D:fistbump:

#10     Apr 27, 2024