Is there software that lets me screen for 1 second charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kmgilroy89, Oct 9, 2020.

1. I’m trying to screen for super short-term price movements. I have Esignal which has 1 second charts, but only screens down to 1 minute.

2. Overnight

Overnight

NinjaTrader 7 (and I am assuming 8) has 1 second charts. Not sure about their "screens". Could try a free demo of theirs to see.

3. Tradestation ...User can set any desired Parameters for Second, Tick and Volums (shares)

Capture.JPG

4. Can you scan for setups from the 1s charts?

5. Sure you can, but if 1 second chart in Radar screen running studies (signals) with too many symbols like shown here, it's not recommended

Capture.JPG

6. Tradex

Tradex

You truly believe you can profit from 1 second charts??
    Come on, the spread and/or commissions alone will bleed you to death, assuming you can even find a trading system on those micro time frames.

Zor_Champ, Trader Curt and TradeTune like this.
  7. agreed

8. Yes I can, I don't pay commissions. I work for a prop firm that fully backs me. The spread won't kill me in the stocks/situations I trade.

TradeTune likes this.
  9. What I'm scanning for is momentum in stocks where the market makers are being overwhelmed. It would have to calculate the past 30-50 bars. This happened in the SPY a few days back on Trump's tweets.

10. I'm sure 1 second chart has some usability, that's why it's there. But depends on strategy

#10     Oct 9, 2020