ISO futures trading brokerage

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Ironplates, Jul 18, 2022.

1. ISO = In Search Of

what gave you the idea i was giving up?

#21     Jul 20, 2022
  2. texas llc? is that you the person has a bad record with ib? What kind of llc?

#22     Jul 20, 2022
  3. bad record with IB? how? the LLC is manager managed

#23     Jul 20, 2022
  4. i have found a remedy to my situation. thanks all for the posts.

#24     Jul 20, 2022
  5. what remedy?could you share a little bit?

#25     Jul 20, 2022
  6. i have a few other LLC's. will just use and keep my involvement in crypto out of it. futures and crypto dont like to mix from a compliance perspective.

#26     Jul 21, 2022
  7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

why on earth would you want to use NT as your execution tool? They're literally the worst futures trading platform out there. If you are serious about this busines, make the switch and save yourself a lot of headaches.

I also was on the NT path for about half a year when I started to automate over half a decade ago, I even had a guy to write small NT scripts for me. I can tell you that thing is a nightmare to deal with. Slow, full of bugs, data is inaccurate, missing ticks all that stuff. I probably lost more money by using NT than paying for TT prime for an entire year. Missed/unwanted executions because of missing ticks, NT crashing while I had positions, slowing down the trading machine up to the point where I had to wait 5min for a browser to open because the logfiles blew up to 50gb/day, all that shit.
    I ended up with custom built stuff after that disaster.

I guess you already have built a lot of stuff on NT which is why it's understandable you wouldn't want to switch. If you're not just a small ball tax optimizer with a 50k account, do yourself a favour, bite the bullet and look for a (semi) professional execution system: Broker independent, colocated execution servers, 24h phone support and focused on execution instead of colorful charts and all that retail shenanigans. You won't regret it in the long run.

With regards to crypto: I hope you're only trading spot and don't use a VPN to trade derivatives to hide your location :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    #27     Sep 10, 2022
    Ironplates likes this.
    #28     Sep 13, 2022
    #29     Sep 13, 2022