It was a dark and stormy night… in the books section at Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Slope Trader, Apr 25, 2021.

1. (with apologies to Charlie Brown’s dog Snoopy, hope he finished his novel)

It really was dark and stormy recently when I settled in at the ol’ computer desk with some pistachio nuts plus Jack Daniels and pomegranate juice and logged in to Amazon.com. I like to go there occasionally and search for books related to trading that I haven’t seen before.

Many of the usual suspects popped up in the search right away, with titles related to Day Trading, Swing Trading, Trading for a Living, Trading for Idiots, Trading with Price Action or with Technical Analysis or Fundamental Analysis, Trading Like a Quant, Trading with Trends or with Mean Reversion or Breakouts, etc. etc.

I continued scrolling down the page and suddenly I saw a title that shocked me enough that I think my body reacted before my brain had registered exactly what it had seen… I yelled out and blew juice-covered pistachios all over my computer monitor and began laughing.

I am fascinated that a book was published that has this title. I totally disagree with the premise… all the money I’ve made in the markets has come from using this approach and I'm certain that the author is WRONG.

Apparently it came out in 2019. Wonder how well it has sold… a link to the Amazon page is shown below too.

-
    -

-
    -

-

Technical Analysis is BS pic-2.png

Link:

2. Trying the link again...

Link:

3. Nobert

Nobert

I don't consider anyone credible, who's making a career of his books, rather than the actual craft.
    (on the second hand, it's only my guess, who knows, maybe hes managing hundreds of millions, but usually story doesn't go like this)

Especially when all of his books would fit in one. (pages number ranging from ~40 to a ~100)

DD.PNG

Edit :

So he publishes a book on how to cath the peak of the market - ,,The Crash Signal'' in 2018 & then a year later, - a paper called ,,The Set and Forget 11% Portfolio''

Like, how such sequence of events/decision making process works ?
    Man lost his pants and socks while trying to time the tops and then decided to go all in, - passive into index ?

Just making fun. Most likely, lousy names, to sell the books.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    speedo and Slope Trader like this.
  4. speedo

speedo

Writing a thin critique of something of which you have little understanding is easier than achieving that understanding.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    wrbtrader, Slope Trader and Nobert like this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

So he is a book streamer. :D Streamers make a lot of money nowadays.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

In this book, he gives 8 trading strategies and the kindle version is $4, so fiddy cents per strategy. How can you go wrong??

How to Actually Day Trade for a Living

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't have a problem with his set and forget approach, but there is a word for it and that is not trading. It is called investing.

https://trademorestocks.com/trading-record/

"Profits would have been as followed, depending on what strategy from the book was used:"

Yeah, that is not a trading record.

wrbtrader likes this.