It’s 2008. The U.S. Has Dragged the World into a Depression.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 11, 2008.

1. SA, nice post... I always enjoy your articles.

To all ET'ers, you may not agree with he says but he certainly has an analytical mind.

If you check out RGE Monitor, they also point out many problems America is facing (and causing to itself and the other world) and their views are respected by many institutional investors and scholars. They are not accused of not being patriotic.

Pls don't accuse him just b'coz of his race.

#21     Apr 11, 2008
  2. Has nothing to do with race. I have been arguing with SA for at least a year now, and I have no idea what his race is. He is a smart, eduacated guy, but unfortunately, has a strong Brazil plus bias/ and negative US bias. Even though he lives here.

#22     Apr 11, 2008
  3. .

SouthAmerica: I am a Brazilian - white of European descent.

By the way, I am PROUD of being a Brazilian and my writings reflect that fact.

#23     Apr 12, 2008
  4. .
    Jayford: but unfortunately, has a strong Brazil plus bias/ and negative US bias. Even though he lives here.

April 12, 2008

SouthAmerica: I have been living in the United States for a long time and over the years the only news the US mainstream media gave about Brazil it was something bad – about crime, corruption, hyperinflation, economic crisis, burning of the Amazon, police killing kids in Brazil, almost 100 percent of the time it was something bad about Brazil.

Over the years I did send many letter to the editor in chief of The New York Times to defend Brazil regarding many of these articles.

I write about the positive side of Brazil and I am always putting Brazil on a good light – based on facts.

But every time I write about the good things about Brazil there are a bunch of people that have to bring up the same old stories about crime and so on…And they want to diminish my country in every way they can.

I understand why they do that since basically both Brazil and the United States are major competitors in many ways.

But at the end of the day Brazil it is a country that is rising very fast and the future it looks great for Brazil.

On the other hand, we have the United States – a country that had a good run in the last 100 years – but a country that is declining very fast; at the speed of light.

The best and cheapest natural resources have long gone, a country with a very old and cost heavy industrial base – old companies have thousands of retirees collecting pensions and other benefits such as health benefits.

The ageing population is in the process of exploding in the United States and it is going to cost a fortune to take care of the old folks.

Never before it was so easy to export millions of jobs out of the US economy because of technology, or replace people with new technology.

For the last 100 years the United States were able to attract the best minds from around the world – foreign minds that developed the US nuclear program, and German technology that advanced the US space program.

Without attracting the best minds from around the world the US economy will lose its edge in no time. And today the best minds don’t need to come to the United States any longer since there are plenty of opportunities around the world.

I give you two examples of people that I am in contact and they had been living in the United States for 25 years and they are both from India. The first fellow have been a marketing executive for a major international company and he had to travel all over Africa, and Asia for his company, he is in the process of relocating to India after all these years even though his wife is American.

The second fellow also an Indian, he had a technology company in California and last year he sold his company and he decided to invest in a new opportunity that had great potential to the future.

Yesterday I received an email from him saying that he had just received his permanent visa to live in Brazil. He is starting a drug company in Curitiba, Brazil and he is getting some of the drugs that he is going to sell in Brazil from his associates in India.

He told me that he would keep his eyes open for other potential investments opportunities in Brazil.

Slowly the brainpower is leaving the United States in search of better opportunities – and these are smart people with the highest level of education.

I live here in the United States and here is the place that I have been calling home for a long time, but I can see first hand how much the United States has declined on the last 3 decades – this was a much better country when I came to the US years ago. Today this country it is just a shadow of the old United States and pisses me off that a bunch of incompetent idiots have been allowed to wreck this country year after year.

Today I have realized that it is too late to try to turn this country around. My last hope was if Al Gore would be elected in November 2008, but if one of the other 3 candidates is elected in November then he/she is going to keep this country on the path of economic decline, diminishing global influence, and mediocrity.

#24     Apr 12, 2008
  5. .

Richardyu301: SA, nice post... I always enjoy your articles.

SouthAmerica: Reply to Richardyu301

Thank you for your support.

Many people on this forum send me direct emails to let me know that they enjoy reading my postings on a regular basis. And some of these people also told me that they don’t post these comments on these forums because they don’t want to be flamed by the usual suspects.

But thanks it is nice to know that some people enjoy reading these postings.

I am glad that Baron Robertson is as open minded as the editor of Brazzil magazine.

Brazzil magazine it does not have any hidden agenda and you can find articles on that magazine from the far right to the far left and any shades in between. The editor of that magazine believes in free speech and that is why I send him my articles for publication, and I also post on this forum.

I also don’t believe in being politically correct, that is why I piss off so many people with my writings.

#25     Apr 12, 2008
  6. If SA lives in America, he is an American, not a Brazilian. He might of used to be a Brazilian, but not anymore.

#26     Apr 12, 2008
  7. Even if 'SouthAmerica' is an American (presumably of Brazilian ancestry) I can understand why one would not want to be associated with Americans en masse.

Most Americans are idiots. Plus pretty soon they are to be a third rate economy. Sad, yes BUT THEY DID IT TO THEMSELVES.

Osama must be laughing his arse off!!!

#27     Apr 12, 2008
  8. .

FortuneTeller: If SA lives in America, he is an American, not a Brazilian. He might of used to be a Brazilian, but not anymore.

April 12, 2008

SouthAmerica: Reply to Fortune Teller

Your comment shows that you don’t have a clue about the subject that you are trying to talk about.

Today legal and illegal immigrants keep their original identity like never before. Because of airplane travel it does not make any difference if someone lives in Los Angeles or in Sao Paulo, Brazil – by airplane you are just a few hours from home.

And when you call a person via telephone it does not matter if they are right next door in New York State, in California, or in any place in Brazil – the quality of the call is about the same and the cost of the call is almost the same.

Communications and transportation changed everything, and today most immigrants legal and illegal continue with a strong and powerful tie with the countries from where they come from and they don’t assume the identity of the new place where they live.

Home is always an short airplane ride from any place.

I live here but a lot of our friends are Brazilians, many members of my family in Brazil come to the United States on a regular basis for a short visit, we have plenty of Brazilian restaurants in our area, most of our friends have Globo TV on their houses and they watch mostly Brazilian TV even tough they live here in the New York Metropolitan area.

I receive a ton of invitations for all kinds of cultural events in New York about Brazilians.

Americans are the ones who are losing their culture. Today if you go to a major mall as the one in New Jersey on RT 17 and Rt 4 - you hear all kinds of foreign languages of the people walking around the mall, some times makes wonder what happened to the Americans who used to live on this area of the country.

#28     Apr 12, 2008
  9. grendel

grendel

You know things aren't well when the Brazilian president calls the American president and says:

"Hey Bush, this is the problem, my son: we went 26 years without growth. Now that we're growing, you have to screw it up! Solve your crisis!"

True story! Reuters ran it some time ago.

#29     Apr 12, 2008
  10. toc

toc

America was in fine state until the Iraq war happened. Even Sept 11 came and went and US found its rythm again and was going along just fine.

The Iraq war drained lots of resources over the months and worst it broke the morale of the American people once they started to feel entrapped.

Still a new shot at life can be confidently given to the US of A once Bush and his bastards have left the WH. Anyone else in the mainstream politics will do better than Bush. It seems no coincidence that before 2000, he owned 3 businesses and bankrupted them one by one. Then he became the CEO of USA and will be leaving it near bankrupt, exhausted and over burdened.

American people have to be blamed for their choice and it is the American people who will have to go an extra mile to turn their country around...........and they surely can!

#30     Apr 12, 2008