Jack Dorsey says ‘hyperinflation’ will happen soon

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ipatent, Oct 24, 2021.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Gold, commodities, gold mining stocks.

#11     Oct 24, 2021
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

PhDs in Economics get things wrong all of the time. A coin flipper would be a lot more accurate than Krugman.

#12     Oct 24, 2021
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

I am aware.
    So bearing that in mind, why would Dorsey be any friggin' different?
    He's in tune with something we're not?

#13     Oct 24, 2021
    piezoe and persistence like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

Wotya gonna actually really do with gold?
    Oh I know, hang it around neck, otherwise lock it up in a vault, that will be so satisfying.

#14     Oct 24, 2021
  5. ipatent

ipatent

How about the miners? Click on link.

#15     Oct 24, 2021
  6. SammyJ

SammyJ

A 10 yr at 1.6% with inflation going wild isn’t really surprising .It’s just more of the same we’ve seen for a decade. Nothing makes sense .

#16     Oct 24, 2021
  7. themickey

themickey

The gold miners haven't been fairing well for over 12 months.
    The problem with gold and silver (as well as crypto which I believe will trade in time like gold & silver) is they move erratically, very hard to pin down why they move logically.
    Most metal commodities move on supply & demand, warehouse levels etc and often trend nicely, relatively easy to trade. Not so gold and silver, they are only partially correlated to a number of things but only enough to be dangerous and confusing.
    Most metal commodities are easy to trade as they obey most TA rules, not so gold & silver, they behave more like currencies, all over the shop.

#17     Oct 24, 2021
  8. ah yes gimli's second cousin

#18     Oct 24, 2021
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

What if it is not hyper, just high inflation of let's say 10-20% for the next decade?

#19     Oct 25, 2021
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  10. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

Very true, also people have to realise the macro view and that if it does happen it will re cycle. The doomsday only lasts a short while because all resets

#20     Oct 25, 2021
    piezoe likes this.