John Hopkins Study

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by apdxyk, Nov 27, 2020.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

2. Peter8519

Peter8519

1. First and foremost, who is Yanni Gu? Sounds like she is from China. ( I googled and nothing much about her.)
    2. Why was this article yanked ? Accurate or inaccurate report ?
    3. As a good practice, always use multiple sources to collaborate.

3. .sigma likes this.
  4. Peter8519

Peter8519

5. Turveyd

Turveyd

I like this bit ................

Briand also noted that 50,000 to 70,000 deaths are seen both before and after COVID-19, indicating that this number of deaths was normal long before COVID-19 emerged. Therefore, according to Briand, not only has COVID-19 had no effect on the percentage of deaths of older people, but it has also not increased the total number of deaths.

These data analyses suggest that in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.

This comes as a shock to many people. How is it that the data lie so far from our perception?

Less and Less, only the truely stupid are still scared, got a bunch on my facebook town site going crazy, because I have no self preservation, I should be SCARED of it, 30,000:1 odds on dying and but people win the lottery with higher odds, I blame the school system on not teaching basic maths and logic.

1 either claims he's been told by his doctor, if he gets it, it's 100% sure it'll kill him, what the hell is wrong with him, just a brain in a jar ??

6. Trader200K

Trader200K

Been observing the loss of economic value and freedom in our country intently. Actions by those in positions of govt and media power fill a broad spectrum from sensible to ludicrous.

One wise and pivotal point she makes...

“It is not the media’s job to police society or to make sure that everybody is interpreting news in a certain way. If we believe that people can make their own educated guess, then our only job is to tell the truth, no matter what effect it might have.”

If you see her words as reasonable, it is fair to ask why others controlling the media do not ... and what is the benefit to them in the long run for their significant investment of money and effort to review, screen and censor the mass of other peoples’ thoughts and ideas? Qui Bono?

The similarities in extreme lack-of-tolerance to Mao’s Red Guard of the Chinese Cultural Revolution come to mind. The new violence and destruction in 200 US cities undeniably is a foretaste of what this could grow into.

It took 50 years, but even the CCP now publicly admits the economic and human tragedy that their SJW cycle turned out to be.

BEIJING, May 17 (Xinhua) -- The Communist Party of China's (CPC) official newspaper has condemned the Cultural Revolution 50 years after it began, calling it "a mistake... that can not and will not be allowed to repeat itself."

China has learned its lessons from the decade of tumult between 1966 and 1976 and is now determined to avoid any social unrest that would disrupt national progress, according to the commentary in Tuesday's edition of the People's Daily.

"The Cultural Revolution was a major detour in the development path of the Party and the nation," it said.

Since introducing the reform and opening-up policy more than 30 years ago, "the nation has been growing stronger and stronger and people's living standards have been improved markedly," according to the commentary.

"The historical lessons from the the Cultural Revolution must be firmly kept in mind" in this context, it said.

"The Chinese people have never been so close to realizing the goal of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation," it went on, urging the CPC and the public to "dispel all disturbances" to ensure the goal is achieved.

May 16 this year marked the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.

-Lessons of Cultural Revolution must be learned: People's Daily.

I am curious if our present situation will have to run a similarly deadly and economically wasteful course?

7. apdxyk

apdxyk

It was actually Mao's wife who had all the pleasure. Long story...

Regardless, USA has been going through 'trans-formative changes' for a couple of generations now. Just a 5 minute conversation with a high school teacher is invigorating as a stroll through a morgue.
    Those people who killed Russia over 100 years ago were also calling themselves progressives, and they also were running "Death to gendarmes!' campaigns. US is a backward country, a hundred or so years behind.

Here is another funny link that was taken down promptly:

https://www.aier.org/article/an-edu...alth-from-michael-yeadon-former-vp-of-pfizer/

temnik likes this.
  8. I hate to interrupt your circle jerk, but several reputable publications have done the same excess mortality analysis. They all confirm that COVID-19 contributes a fair bit to excess mortality, e.g. in the US excess deaths are up to the tune of 7-10%. Since you are all so data-driven and statistically savvy, here are some links to the data (most of them include a link to a summary study):

The Economist excess mortality study: https://github.com/TheEconomist/covid-19-excess-deaths-tracker

The NY Times excess mortality dataset: https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/tree/master/excess-deaths

The Financial Times excess mortality dataset: https://github.com/Financial-Times/coronavirus-excess-mortality-data

Finally, if you don't trust the above, you can go directly to https://www.mortality.org/ and download the data for ourself. They have a nice little graphical tool to play with short-term mortality data right here https://mpidr.shinyapps.io/stmortality/

9. Is there an "add to sanity list button" at ET? Because I like to add you to the list. The number of retards who just can't be blamed for stupidity, malicious people of sub standard intelligence who just like to disagree with truth and facts are so abundant in threads like this that I wished all this noise could be filtered out. But then this site would be almost empty. Hence I want to praise the few of us who care about data, facts, and the truth, not their egos and opinions and feelings and their hatred.

albion and apdxyk like this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

2nd Wave UK ( Sheilders ) zero excess mortality so far and interestingly near Zero cases of standard Flu, 8% is about right on excess mortality from Wave 1, it ran below average for a few months after, expect next years deaths will be lower aswell. Most of the Extra Deaths are caused by the lockdown, ONS Study only 15K where actual proper Covid deaths so 45K where the result of the lockdowns and FEAR, people to scared to go to hospital incase they caught Covid, despite there dying of heart attack or stroke, that scared you won't ring 999 so just die at home, madness.

But I don't consider a 8% increase in deaths on the year, to be worth the level of damage done to all, 1mil extra people unemployeed in the UK so far, more to come, 400bil costs, schooling ruined for kids, grades estimated.

#10     Nov 28, 2020