keystone trading group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Keystone or VCM?

#31     Mar 21, 2008
  2. Dobbes

Dobbes

Keystone

#32     Mar 21, 2008
  3. OMoney

OMoney

TUCO is closed up and traders are waiting (hoping) to get their money back. These two, good and bad will go the same path in time.

Get licensed and go to a real prop firm. There is no future with these types. The SEC's message with TUCO is that they are going after these firms. They cannot stop at one.

#33     Mar 22, 2008
  4. Yes. Luckily they cleared thru ETrade Financial and I was able to exert pressure on the president of ETrade to force them to send the money.

#34     Mar 23, 2008
  5. How did you pressure the president of Etrade? Sounds cool. Did they not want to return your capital or was is a policy issue?

#35     Mar 23, 2008
  6. See below letter which produced a check within 4 weeks. Soon thereafter, ETrade Professional was spun-off. Boy, I was lucky.

R. Jarrett Lilian, President
    E Trade Financial Corp
    135 East 57th Street
    New York NEW YORK 10022

Dear Jarrett:
    I have been in contact by phone with your secretary over the past 2 weeks. Kindly she was able to eventually (after 3 days !) steer me to the right contacts. This letter is a result of my inability to contact one of your ETrade Professional clients, a proprietary trading firm, doing business under the name of Barkley Trading (www.barkleytrading.com) . An attached letter to them dated 12/18/2005 was never answered. A follow-up email (attached) was never answered. Indeed, the phone number listed on the website never has a response….it just rings..again, NO RESPONSE. Incredibly, they are NOT EVEN LISTED IN THE PHONE DIRECTORY OF NYC ! Further research indicates that their “affiliate” named “Great Eastern Securities” has had both NASD sanctions against them (CRD # 1276859) as well as SEC actions (Proc File No. 3-11372).
    I am aware of your professional division’s tenuous status. Accordingly, and for several other reasons, I wish to now entirely liquidate my subaccount of “BARKCS” immediately. For identification purposes, I have filled-out many Etrade Professional forms in the past that have been required due to SEC or other government regulatory body; you should have these on hand and they should match the above address. In addition, the balance in that subaccount should be over $XX,XXX. Since Barkley Trading is not willing to respond to my request, I authorize you to send me a check for the balance in that account immediately to the above address and to further close that account from future activity.

Sincerely,
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Cc: Ron Goodman, ETrade Professional Trading Desk

#36     Mar 23, 2008
  7. How much were you owed? Did ETrade release the funds to you?

#37     Mar 24, 2008
  8. Sorry, I can't divulge the amount. No, but they pressured Barkley's owner to cut the check. I was sweating bullets for 6 weeks.

#38     Mar 24, 2008
  9. Do you consider Keystone trustworthy? Are you confident you will receive your deposit back? What guarantee do you have that you will get your deposit back? Also does waiting til 25th of next month for payout seem fishy?Why do you say they manage risk better?

#39     Mar 25, 2008
  10. You should have no worries with KeyStone. You will find them to be gentlemen.

#40     Mar 25, 2008