Kris Kullamagi Breakout Setups

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by fan27, Nov 6, 2021.

1. fan27

fan27

This guy has a good channel taking snippets from Kullamagi's live Twitch stream.

This video shows some of his setups...guy has made millions using simple strategies.

2. traider

traider

There is no proof that he has made the returns that he claims to make.

3. fan27

fan27

He is not selling anything...his twitch stream is free to watch. If you don't think he is legit, plenty of other resources to check out.

beginner66 likes this.
  4. I run an automated strategy based on similar ideas. It works quite well. Attached a backtest.

tf2vc.png

But idk how he managed to turn $5k into more than $80m in a decade. There are some issues about the strategy that don't add up, such as problems at larger size and larger cap names, it only works in very strong bull markets, and the exit is not optimal, etc. for it to make that much. This is one of my better strategies and it doesn't even come close to the numbers he claims.

But who knows? Maybe he'll be audited one day and make it into a Market Wizards book. If so, I'll be a fan. Or is just building up the customer list from the free content to end up selling a course later. I'd love to sell courses too if I could convince people of these results with no proof:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Leob, shuraver, cobco and 6 others like this.
  5. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Interesting to see that you seem to have made breakouts work to that extent, i have spent considerable amount of time on automating something similar but never achieved anything close to that. Out of curiosity, would you say the profitability/returns comes from your pre selection process (i assume something similar to minervini scan rt) of tradable universe, or the setup condition or the the exits ?

Thanks

6. thousands of sites are free and at first selling nothing - but those same thousands do not post a track record or performance data. They are all sales rooms even if they same how appear to trade.

7. d08

d08

For random trivia, the surname Kullamägi is Estonian, translating to "gold mountain".

8. fan27

fan27

Perhaps. There are many of these momentum style traders who have made fantastic returns (Zanger, Minervini, Krell, Kullamagi, etc), some of which have been audited. I suppose one could chalk it up to BS, and move on. I find it more productive to assume it is legit, study what they are doing and apply it to my own trading. So far the results are promising.

shuraver, beginner66, yc47ib and 2 others like this.
  9. fan27

fan27

Nice looking stats!

athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

If there is no public proof he made millions ... why say he did?

Just say the guy's work looks interesting and thought others may as well.

#10     Nov 7, 2021