Kudos to MMs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Oct 23, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

If you are short SIFs, you are now in danger. The gap fill is imminent, and then it gets interesting. See above post.

nitro

#51     Oct 29, 2008
  2. nitro

nitro

Imo, now that the gap has been filled, the markets will establish a new target. Barring any redemption, I don't see why SPX would not target 975.

After that, no one knows. It all depends on whether you believe in Armageddon, or alternatively that the united global efforts are working. In that case, 1200 SPX by year end is an easy target. Otherwise, 782 is the other possible scenario. That is a monster range.

Would I buy a straddle on that analysis, even with VIX at 70? Very hard to say.

nitro

#52     Oct 29, 2008
  3. nitro

nitro

BTW, notice that SPX is now trading at a premium to the DEC SP futures. A rare occurrence.

nitro

#53     Oct 29, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

Notice the uncertainty. VIX being bid on a decent up day.

If we blast off, people will let go their puts.

nitro

#54     Oct 29, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Obvious next resistance is 982 SPX, but watch 975.

If we go past that, 1050 SPX is very likely.

nitro

#55     Oct 29, 2008
  6. nitro

nitro

Ditto.

The selloff a few minutes before the close did not have the feel of redemption. It seemed to be weak longs exiting, on gawd only knows what [profit taking at 970 SPX? Not likely]. Can't say I blame them for being skittish in this environment. They realized mistake imo and bought it back overnight.

nitro

#56     Oct 30, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

Rick Santelli mentioned Elliot Wave analysis on the dollar, and that we may be in wave four. That is worth looking into on your own.

I would love it if an expert on EW would post a chart of that here.

nitro

#57     Oct 30, 2008
  8. nitro

nitro

#58     Oct 30, 2008
  9. #59     Oct 30, 2008
  10. nitro

nitro

Ditto, again.

nitro

#60     Oct 31, 2008