Lagging issues with Sierra slow responses

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mark2m, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Mark2m

Mark2m

Anyone else having this problem, since replacing data from IB to Sierra data stream including Denali, Sierra has slowed down considerably. (slow down from chart to chart, changing daily to minutes is quick, but I do have 30 charts per book with 4 charts available on the screen.). I have no issues with TC2K with average of 150 scanning symbols, including charts and data.

I have home built computer , i7 32G,2SSD +HDD, 4 screens. I am running 10 accts with IB, 2 Fidelity accounts accounts , and two trading platforms TC2K + Sierra. TC2K does run with IB data and Sierra its own data. Averaging 80-90 megabits download + VPN. Considering perhaps isolated dedicated SSD for Sierra. The only memory hogs is IB, and Chrome. Suggestions would be most helpful. Thank You.

2. traider

traider

If you can run IB gateway instead of tws
    Check if your memory has hit the 32GB limit when you find it slow then drill down from there

3. Such an issue comes when you have already used up all the memory. Just check once how much storage is left and delete some items if it shows full.