Larry Elder....really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by El OchoCinco, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Fine...democrats keep rolling out old white men but why do GOP keep rolling out bat shit crazy tv and radio personalities as candidates??

Elder:

When people talk about reparations, do they really want to have that conversation? Like it or not, slavery was legal. Their legal property was taken away from them after the Civil War, so you could make an argument that the people that are owed reparations are not only just Black people but also the people whose ‘property’ was taken away after the end of the Civil War.

wrbtrader, Ricter and kingjelly like this.
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

He's an excellent, forthright man who has the needs and safety of California and America as first and foremost in his plans and beliefs. --A real patriot--

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Batshit crazy?
    My guess is the man's done seen his share of life.
    From both sides of the track.

[​IMG]

Laurence Allen Elder was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the city's Pico-Union and South Central areas, the middle child of three brothers.[3] His father Randolph (1915–2011), who was born in Athens, Georgia, was a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps during World War II and moved to California from Georgia after the war during the Second Great Migration.[3] After working as a janitor at Nabisco, Randolph Elder opened a cafe in Pico-Union around 1962.[3] Following his father's death in 2011, Larry Elder recalled: "Gruff and blunt, my dad often intimidated my two brothers and me. But we never doubted his love or his commitment to his family." In 2013, Elder and his brother Kirk accepted a Congressional Gold Medal from U.S. Representative Dana Rohrabacher on their father's behalf.[4] Larry Elder's mother Viola (née Conley, 1924–2006) was originally from Toney, Alabama. She was a clerical worker for the United States Department of War during World War II.[5] His father was a Republican, and his mother a Democrat.[3]

An honors student who also took advanced courses at Fairfax High School, Elder graduated from Crenshaw High School in 1970 and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science in 1974 from Brown University. He then earned a Juris Doctor from University of Michigan Law School in 1977.[6]

4. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

In all of this its been the rabid LA Times that has been the most disgraceful.

If California votes to keep its greasy corrupt leftist governor you know its time to completely write the place off and position yourself to not have to pay for their folly.

I don't really care what California does I just don't want to pay for it in federal taxes. Once that problem was solved the fate of California became just an academic interest.

I suspect that California will strive for the dumbest outcome possible.

murray t turtle and smallfil like this.
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Brain damaged, then.

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Elder was the subject of a profile by "60 Minutes," and sat in for the vacationing Geraldo on CNBC's "Rivera Live." He was the reporter on the groundbreaking PBS "National Desk," including the segment, "Redefining Racism: Fresh Voices From Black America," for which he won a 1998 AEGIS Award of Excellence, a 1998 Telly award and a 1999 Emerald City Gold Award of Excellence. He has portrayed himself on sitcoms ranging from "The Hughleys" to "Spin City." He has also appeared on:
    • Oprah
    • Rolanda
    • Larry King Live
    • Hard Copy
    • CNN News
    • CNN Talk Back Live
    • 20/20
    • The Tonight Show
    • Today Show
    • This Week with David Brinkley
    • Charles Grodin
    • MacNeil-Lehrer
    • CSPAN
    • Politically Incorrect
    • Geraldo
    • Extra
    • The Chris Rock Show
    • The Late, Late Show With Tom Snyder
    • Dennis Miller Live

Larry created, directed and produced his first film, "Michael & Me," a documentary that examines the use of guns in America, which was released in August 2005.

Larry has established the Larry Elder Charities, a non-profit organization that will contribute to groups and individuals offering non-government, self-help solutions to problems of poverty, crime, poor parenting, dependency and education.

smallfil likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Okay then, crazy it is.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Looks pretty accomplished to me.

smallfil likes this.
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Does not preclude insanity. Even so, I'm glad righties are fielding these nuts.

10. Rudy Guiliani was pretty accomplished in the 1990s and early 2000s also and look at him now haha

Does not excuse the current crazy we all can see...

#10     Sep 14, 2021