Let's solve the tax problem without Volcker

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kicking, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Yes, the dem congress is partly to blame. However, congress follows the lead of the president. One of Clinton's goals was to lower the deficit/balance the budget. One of GWB's stated goals was to cut taxes. Both were done by Congress.

#31     Apr 9, 2010
  2. that was a war crime. you could call it an mistake in identity until they murdered the family in the van that stopped to help. at that point it became a war crime.

#32     Apr 9, 2010
  3. Into the cesspool forum.

#33     Apr 9, 2010
  4. If the military budget is cut in 1/2, the national debt can be paid off in a less than 5 years.

#34     Apr 9, 2010
  5. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm

The link is above. Clinton's last budget only ran a deficit of ~ 18B, which is essentially balanced. One of his other budgets only ran a deficit of ~ 100B. This includes all intra-governmentals. Bush's last two budgets, on the other hand added 1.04T and ~ 1.8T to the debt. Does anyone dispute these numbers?

#35     Apr 9, 2010
  6. Clinton (1) Raised taxes. Any farkin' moron can balance the budget if they raise taxes enough, and (2) Clinton's last year was the peak of the "dot.com" bubble and its accompanying bubble in tax revenues. Clinton deserves NO credit for "balanced budget"...

UP YOURS if you think otherwise!

Nobody's disputing the fact that "Bush ran up the deficit for his wars", but off the top of my head it seems you've exaggerated Bush's last 2 budget deficits by 100% or more.... Weren't they about $400B and $460B? CHICKEN FEED COMPARED TO OBAMA'S, RIGHT? We're talking $ 3 T-R--L-L-I-O-N in only 2 budgets. In the history of national debt, Obama has increased the average cumulative household's portion of the deficit by 30 FRICKIN' PERCENT IN ONLY 14 MONTHS!

Obama is by far, already the BIGGEST DEFICIT SPENDER IN AMERICAN HISTORY.. 14 months in office!

You gonna stipulate to that?

#36     Apr 9, 2010
  7. Gingrich as a historian is wrong on this one and he knows it.

Of course that does not diminish the danger and damage 'the one" is and can do.

#37     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Who the hell are you to think you can judge this from thousands of miles away, 3 years after the fact from the comfort of your computer? What was the enemy situation on the ground at the time? Intelligence? Recent activity? Disposition of friendly forces? Etc. You know NOTHING.

And they certainly didn't murder a family in a van that stopped to help. You don't know what you're talking about. Read the military's report, idiot, I gave you the link. Obviously you don't want to be confused with mere facts.

#38     Apr 9, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Scat, you could be part of the solution if you were to do some productive work today.

OR SHOULD I HAVE PUT THAT IN ALL CAPS WITH SOME MAD FACES?:mad: :mad: :mad:

#39     Apr 9, 2010
  10. I'm okay with a VAT tax if all income taxes, capital gains, dividend, sin , estate taxes are eliminated.

IOW: All federal tax revenue .

#40     Apr 9, 2010