List of personal rules for trading that makes U successful

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by novice, Aug 27, 2009.

• Journal every trade you take and review them often.

• Don't trade like a robot, learn your emotions and use it to your advantage.

• Do not follow mentors that don't show transparent and honesty.

• Capital preservation is the key.

• Trading is a marathon not a sprint.

#131     Oct 14, 2021
    Fonz likes this.
  1. Overnight

Overnight

Really. Thanks for the reminder. Many of us here know that.

#132     Oct 14, 2021
    Raheel Shaikh likes this.
  2. It doesn’t matter how often you win, rather how often you lose and most importantly how big you lose. These metrics combined decide the success of a trader in the long run. This is the lesson I’ve learnt and now I don’t focus on my winning rates, instead how much money I’ve made.

#133     Oct 25, 2021
  3. “The best offense? A good defense.” This is what I’ve learnt in my trading career. The only way to achieve consistent trading success is by being defensive. Don’t trade if you are not sure or market conditions are not right. Your goal should not be to make fast money, but instead to preserve your trading capital.

#134     Oct 27, 2021
    HolyGrailSeeker and noframe like this.
  4. noframe

noframe

Agreed!
    There is a famous quote - "When a beginner wins he feels brilliant and invincible. Then he takes wild risk and loses everything."
    This says it all and that's why I always place my trades with the mindset of preserving my capital.

#135     Nov 8, 2021
  5. Well said mate, next time I will always remember this quote before placing trades.

#136     Nov 11, 2021
  6. Handle123

Handle123

When others have said I either couldn't do it or it can't be done, keep working as they couldn't figure out how to do something in the markets. Always keep an open mind.

#137     Nov 11, 2021
  7. maxinger

maxinger

upload_2021-11-11_17-5-2.png

#138     Nov 11, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. I won’t say it made me successful but doing the minimal made trading easier for me. I focused on what mattered for my personal trading style or my trading strategy and learned to ignore the noise in between. I started keeping my charts clean, used only a few indicators and concentrated on the timeframe I trade and ignored everything else. The over-availability of everything, be it information, tools, features make traders feel that if they’ll miss out on anything they will lose.

#139     Nov 15, 2021
  9. actively

actively

I agreed with the one above me, it is always good idea to keep your trading in minimal so that you can focus on what matter in trade.

#140     Nov 16, 2021