Load up on NAC, they are gonna ban it as a supplement

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 8, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

TL;DR: "The rumor is that due to it's effectiveness against helping with covid-19 symptoms/severity, it's slowly being pulled in order to treat it as a drug and pharmaceutical i.p."

What is it and what is it good for?

N-acetylcysteine

"Keeps kidneys and liver safer from trauma ranging from alcohol all the way up to oral steroids, can reverse pulmonary damage from covid to lungs, is a fantastic antioxidant generally, and can reset regulation of serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters, resulting in reduced addiction, ocd, or anecdotally even recovery from something like excessive mdma abuse."

“What’s the public health risk to NAC?” he asked. “There isn’t one. NAC has been used safely pre-DSHEA. It’s a metabolite of an amino acid, an essential amino acid. It’s found in onions and garlic, so this is the hill they (FDA officials) want to die on?"

Well it is in the process of making it a prescription drug in the USA. Actually it was classified as a drug back in the 60s, but apparently nobody cared. Anyhow recently the FDA sent out warning letters and retailers are removing NAC. You can still buy it at some online retailers but not for long. Only the USA affected by this, you can order it from Amazon Canada, for now.

NAC to combat Covid:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7649937/

Redditor:

"I’ve been taking it for a while now. It keeps me from getting hangovers. Or if I do get one it’s super mild. Just take it before you start drinking not afterwards. Also I didn’t think about it but when I got COVID it was insanely mild. Slight scratches in my throat, very slight cough, did lose smell and taste but I recovered completely in about 3 days from all symptoms. I’m in my 50’s."

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. I don't know anything about this stuff. But how is it a good idea to get some just before it gets banned?

3. -

Pekelo,

Thanks for this. I take it every other day as a source of glutathione. Couldn't find it at Amazon today and so ordered more from Lifeextension.com.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

iHerb.com also still has it. For now.

5. easymon1

easymon1

In the first half, pharmacist Ben Fuchs talked about natural health remedies and the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that our bodies need to maintain good health. He argued that supplementation is necessary to get the complete nutrition we require because our food supply has been affected by depleted minerals in the soil. He noted that individuals are often dehydrated and tired when they first wake up, and that as an alternative to coffee, drinking a couple of glasses of cold water helps to hydrate and wake a person up. For combating skin problems, Fuchs recommended essential fatty acids (EFAs), zinc (accelerates healing), and collagen peptides.

For acid reflux, he suggested acidifying substances like apple cider vinegar, as the issue may be a person is not producing enough stomach acids, rather than the other way around. Regarding blood sugar, supplements like chromium, vanadium, and alpha-lipoic acid are beneficial for regulation, while drinking lots of water serves as a helpful dilution, he cited. To protect oneself from electromagnetic pollution or EMFs, he advised taking Vitamin C, while supplements such as MSM, NAC, and coenzyme Q10 can act as chelation agents to detoxify the body.

Date
    Tuesday - May 11 2021
    Host
    George Noory
    Guests
    Benjamin Fuchs
    https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2021-05-11-show/