LOL! Oanda having some JPY pair problems?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Ivanovich, Aug 30, 2009.

1. That's what I'm waiting to see, maybe they'll only adjust the accounts which were negatively affected, as far as I can see there's no time limit on doing that.

Perhaps that's why it's taking them so long, in the past these things have usually been sorted out in a few hours.

It's interesting that they didn't even attempt to send out a notice within 15 mins, it suggests they're not exclusively STP and therefore don't come within the NFA exception.

I guess this is a good test of the new rules, let's see if they work in our favor!

#21     Sep 1, 2009

2. And you are supposed to be who exactly?

#22     Sep 1, 2009
  3. Is this related to the new crappy platform ? I have only had problems since they upgraded.

#23     Sep 1, 2009
  4. that's why I like Et, because of such true and necessary arogance ! yes dude, please name yourself before posting. Not everyone is following your forum..

#24     Sep 1, 2009

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHdZj-qkeQ

#25     Sep 1, 2009
  6. #26     Sep 1, 2009
  7. Oh it's that guy, Alfonso!

Out of interest will you be reversing everything executed by that spike, including the profitable trades?

#27     Sep 1, 2009
  8. Oanda's client agreement aside, I think they might have a real problem there, as no notice of reversals was given for hours after the spike, rather than the required 15 minutes. Therefore, according to NFA regs, only changes in the favor of the customer can be made.

This would mean that Oanda eats their own losses but reverses customer losses.

This ought to get real good soon. Time to kick back with the popcorn and watch the show.

#28     Sep 1, 2009
  9. Based on the IP, that's really Alfonso.

#29     Sep 1, 2009
  10. Unless Oanda reveals its "liquidity provider" and shows that the spike was due to data from outside of Oanda. But I believe the regs require that proof from the l"liquidity provider" be furnished in order to reverse a profitable client position after 15 minutes without having given the required notice.

#30     Sep 1, 2009