Look like ET could not keep many old members actively posting anymore. Why?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OddTrader, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Look like ET could not keep many old members actively posting anymore. Perhaps they are still visiting.

Why? I do enjoy those posts by old-time members!

Anything pushed them away?

Anything can attract them stay without leaving ET, or coming back posting on ET more frequently?

I think ET is a great site. Adding many more new forums already.

Just curious!

trader99 and fordewind like this.
  2. Simple answer-
    HFTheft

comagnum likes this.
  3. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Some are already dead or too old.
    Some have found answers they were looking for and don't want to share anymore.
    But the truth is that there are more and more noobs, naysayers, trolls, liars, mytho...
    So real traders wants to throw in the towel, for example AutoDidakt, NoDoji, IAmNobody...

CM

schweiz and OddTrader like this.
  4. No, it were QE2;QE3 that ruined daytrading.

I was all a Dream!!!................

comagnum likes this.
  5. I think those already dead still visiting!

iamnewuser911, comagnum and SunTrader like this.
  6. QE doesn't remove liquidity then pull the bids/offers as your order is being routed.
    QE doesn't pay for co-location and microwave routing to get a front running advantage

7. nevermind the front running, the market simply doesnt move for 10 years now

comagnum likes this.
  8. just21

just21

Trade something other than stock markets with new strategies. Swing trade instead of day trading. Trade options.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Posting about trading will come about because a person is actively involved in the markets. If that person is forced out of trading because of losses or if he decides to stop trading for another reason, then the posts from that person will eventually stop as well. So I don't think ET or any other site can really "keep" a certain member posting about trading indefinitely if his interests have moved elsewhere.

But it's also possible that the same member could eventually return one day and pick up where he left off. I was contacted by a previously active member who returned the other day after having not been on the site in 10 years. He was so happy to see that things were essentially still going on in the exact same way just like it was when he left over a decade ago.

10. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Actually, I find the game quite easier today than 10 years ago.
    Maybe I am better ?
    Surely software and my BBG are significantly better ?
    But I can understand some traders can't find clue with these new rules

CM

#10     Oct 10, 2017
    Baron and zdreg like this.