Looking to trade professionally, directly with the banks

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by buzz buzz, Mar 11, 2006.

1. squeeze

squeeze

has anyone had a negative (or positive) experience with Fimat?

What size of account are they looking for?

#21     Mar 14, 2006
  2. daentay

daentay

#22     Mar 14, 2006
  3. wwx

wwx

Thanks for the helpful pointers, Lon Eagle.

#23     Mar 15, 2006
  4. bl33p

bl33p

Oanda is fine for any account size as long as the max $10M single trade size limitation does not come into your way. Don't be fooled to think that Oanda wouldn't be the place for bigger traders simply because their flex trade size also caters to the small traders. It works both ways very well.

#24     Mar 18, 2006
  5. Moe27

Moe27

You can do up to 50mill with ifx markets online.

#25     Mar 18, 2006
  6. is one million considered a big account in currencies/ Not...

if you want to be there with the big boys....well try 10 million or 100 million...then your entry level material...at small blocks of 50 lots..

#26     Mar 18, 2006
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

$5mil is the usual iqs on the interbank i believe. 10 years ago it used to be $10-20mil. this is because of increased concerns for shareholders and investors - ie risk exposure. this is a bit odd seeing as risk measurement has improved dramatically over the last 10 years - but thats the compliance department for you.

FACT: globex has the THIRD LARGEST DAILY TURNOVER OF ANY FOREX PLATFORM AT ~$50 BILLION.

EBS has $125 billion
    reuters has $60 billion.

(these figures are 2 years old - but i dont believe the proportions will have changed)

so why would anyone want to go down this route even if you do have a million dollar account??

in fact, if anyone did want to trade a million dollar account, i would assume they are not that dumb (unless it came from inheritance) - in which case why would they want to go down the otc road over a regulated market. surely they would know this?

there is a good reason why the otc market exists, but servicing retail blow hards is not it.

another et blow hard bites the dust.....

#27     Mar 18, 2006
  8. Thanks for your post

#28     Mar 19, 2006
  9. Ask Oanda 2 questions:
    1. What happens when your trading systems/servers go down (And yes all of you out there on Oanda's Kool Aid - they do go down though Oanda seems to like denying it)?
    2. How will my large orders (6-7 figures for a private trader) be prioritized behind those trading $1 USD notional. Yes that is ONE USD NOTIONAL order size minimum with Oanda?

#29     Mar 19, 2006
  10. Look on this thread and around this site. $#% SaxoBank

#30     Mar 19, 2006