Looking to trade professionally, directly with the banks

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by buzz buzz, Mar 11, 2006.

1. hmmm....what on earth is a "blow hard"?

#31     Mar 20, 2006
  2. Inquirer

Inquirer

Do Currenex and Fxall charge commission on trades?

What are their typical bid-ask spreads?

#32     Mar 23, 2006
  3. On currenex euro dollar is usally 1 pip and cable 2, although it does depend on which Prime Broker or hub you are on.

Brokerage is around $20 per million dollars traded.

I dont use FXall.

#33     Mar 24, 2006
  4. Inquirer

Inquirer

Is that 1 pip all inclusive or do you still have to pay a commission? How much?

And what is the average contract sizes consisting of the 1 pip bid-ask spreads?

#34     Mar 24, 2006
  5. brokerage = commissions...

min. contract size normally expected to be in the $1mio+ range if you opt for the institutional platforms (HSFXi, Currenex etc), otherwise standard (100K units) if you opt for say HSR (HotSpot Retail) platform...

#35     Mar 24, 2006
  6. Inquirer

Inquirer

Eg. for CME's front month futures EUR/USD (contract size 125,000) the 100 lots and more are about 3 pips wide.

In the case of Currenex, eg. EUR/USD contract, what is the usual bid-ask spread for minimum contract sizes of 10 million and over?

#36     Mar 24, 2006
  7. Brokerage is on top of the spread - but you can put in bids and offers so no spread if you want.

Currenex is generally good for about 25 million in 1 pip spread. Currently for 3 pip spread you can do 150 million.

#37     Mar 24, 2006
  8. Inquirer

Inquirer

Does the commission vary according to whether you trade through Currenex's Prime Brokers or White Label Partners?

#38     Mar 24, 2006
  9. with the primes it varies according to your size / monthly turnover. with the white labels who don't charge a commission, eg fxcmpro, they simply reprice you so as to extract 1 extra pip / RT on avg, which is much more costly... having said that i've seen / had better pricing at times on fxcmpro than on my RBS/Currenex access incl comm... i wld still recommend the prime type access tho'...

#39     Mar 24, 2006
  10. 168

2cents

what is the minimum account size for rbs/currenex ?

thanks

#40     Mar 24, 2006