Lost all friends boss's money

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by RollTheDice, May 30, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

He's hanging out at the Playboy Mansion. @lawrence-lugar bought it after fading @RollTheDice .

#101     Jun 3, 2018
  2. neke

neke

..and providing page views for Baron. That counts.

#102     Jun 3, 2018
  3. speedo

speedo

#103     Jun 3, 2018
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Someone in the feedback section down at the bottom of this forum once said that when things get "slow" (page counts/views) here at ET...

Threads like "TA" and strange trading actions type of threads pop up out of nowhere via new members with very low post counts. In fact, specifically stated he suspected Baron was behind it. Makes me wonder because I've seen another trader forum owner admit he's done such himself in the past whenever page counts / views slowed down at his forum.

Last time I saw the type of recent TA threads and then a thread like this (controversial trading action) was when the new guy showed up with his thread about the massive personal loans he took out along with selling off his possessions just to trade...taking crazy high risk trades...ignoring all risk management.

Strange considering these types of threads are not moved to the "chit chat" section of this forum where the thread would obviously get less exposure....less interest. Yet, this thread remains in the "Professional Trading" section...seriously...a big WOW. :thumbsdown: :rolleyes: :vomit:

Baron's Professional Trading Description for this section...clearly posted for anyone to see prior to posting in this section of the forum...

A forum for CTAs, Hedge Fund Managers, RIAs, and those who aspire to be. Talk about licensing and exams, business entities, fund formation, and other aspects of being on the professional side of the business.

Now go back and read the recent posts by this thread starter RollTheDice that posted his thread in this section and he specifically stated his profitable 7 figure portfolio is not a fund and that he's not a fund manager...its a portfolio via his own personal account and he didn't pretend to be some kind'uv manager while a stranger (his friend's boss) would give him access to a 300k account with password. :D

If this troll thread is true...that old Chinese man would have only done such a crazy thing if the people involved (RollTheDice and his pal) gave the old man the impression this guy was a licensed fund manager and he was managing an existing profitable portfolio...implying he had investors in the portfolio.

Same exact "implying" when the thread starter RollTheDice started this thread in the Professional Trading section with the above clear description that he would have read prior to him posting this crap in this section of the forum.

A forum for CTAs, Hedge Fund Managers, RIAs, and those who aspire to be. Talk about licensing and exams, business entities, fund formation, and other aspects of being on the professional side of the business.

He didn't start this anywhere else at the forum. He logged in and scrolled down until he found this section with the above description and then posted his thread here.

Wrong-Section-For-Thread.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    #104     Jun 3, 2018
    rb7 and Pekelo like this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Obviously Dicerollers...

#105     Jun 3, 2018

6. Been there, done that.

#106     Jun 3, 2018
  7. There is not enough liquidity for few thousand contracts in OTM SPY weeklys??? There is enough liquidity for a single $300k trade, you don't even need to slice the trade! What are you talking about!? I think you are the one who is trolling!

#107     Jun 4, 2018
  8. I never posted my question in "Professional Trading" segment. I posted it in the "Trading" segment. Someone moved it!

#108     Jun 4, 2018
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You should then send Baron a quick private message to move your thread from the Professional Trading section due to the fact you're not managing a fund and you're not a fund manger or anything near such.

Let Baron decide where to then move your thread considering it does not qualify to be in this section. Regardless, wherever you originally posted your thread...you would have noticed it was no longer there and that would have prompt you to go searching for the location of your thread. Thus, you would have seen your thread moved here in the Professional Trading section of the forum.

Therefore, you should have contacted Baron or the moderator to ask why they moved your thread to the Professional Trading section when you're not one of the professional traders listed in the description. Simply, your "portfolio" is just your personal trading account...just like the rest of us although the only traders at this forum using the word portfolio are talking about having open multiple positions...as in diversification and professional (licensed) managers uses the word.

The only people that come to this forum and say "I personally manage a low 7 figure porfolio"...traders talking like that are traders managing the money of someone else (investors) in that portfolio. They are professional traders...educated, took the qualification exams, passed the exams and now licensed to do such.

Hint: Your thread qualifies for the Chit Chat section and maybe the Trading section. You allowing your thread to remain here in this section...that's on you although its ET management fault for the error in moving your thread here in this section.

I would not be surprise if you gave the old Chinese man the same impression via your play with words "I personally manage..." when you should have been clear with him that you're not a licensed manager nor are you qualified to trade the money of others. Doing such would have put the burden of knowledge solely then on the old man and you never disclose that when in reality its just your "personal trading account".

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    #109     Jun 4, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  10. I'm not going to message Baron. Baron or one of the moderators chose this section for my question even though I initially selected the "Trading" section.

I was 100% clear to him that I'm not a professional fund manager and that he is my first ever client. He actually negotiated on fees because he said you can not charge the same fees as professional managers do, so I waived the management fee for him. I see absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I manage $x". Some people manage $10k, some $100m.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    #110     Jun 4, 2018