Lyn Alden

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BMK, Jan 4, 2023.

1. BMK

BMK

Anyone familiar with this site? Anyone paid for any of the premium content?

https://www.lynalden.com/

FYI: When you go to the website right now, on Tuesday 04 January, the lead article is about crypto. But this is not a crypto website. It is a general market research site. It looks like most of what she does is about equities and options.

BMK

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I've heard her talk about crypto quite a bit this past year. Here's a podcast interview if you want to get familiar with her:

3. M.W.

M.W.

Is she trans? Just wondering. Would he a rare occurrence in this industry.

What I find a bit frustrating watching the clip was that a lot of folks, "her" included, when being asked about her view of where things are going and what she would invest in going forward immediately switch to rehash what has happened the past year. That tells me that they don't have a whole lot of ideas which bets to place. We can all look at historical price charts to learn how things performed over the past. I value content a lot more where investors share what their plays are going forward.

Edit: I checked up on her and she indeed seems to be transgender (not that it impacts my view on what she is saying). Though there don't seem to be any audited or otherwise confirmed records that back up her claims of her net worth or how much money she manages. From past experience I learned to put a lot more value in others' claims and views on markets when a proven track record backs up their performance and success.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    countryBoy641 likes this.
  4. If that's not a tranny I'll eat an aircraft carrier bolt by bolt...

5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

She may not be a tranny just because she has some chest hair...all the way down to her balls.

athlonmank8 and M.W. like this.
  6. hilmy83

hilmy83

:vomit::vomit::vomit:

7. comagnum

comagnum

What did one tranny say to another?

Lets eat, drink, & be Marry.

M.W. likes this.
  8. TheDawn

TheDawn

Don't really care about her gender but is she(he) any good?? Is her(his) analysis insightful, to the point, useful? @M.W. mentioned that she(he) is not able to state a clear concise opinion on what are good investment choices after regurgitating past historical events, that tells me either she(he) doesn't have a good lawyer that she(he) is afraid of possible legal troubles from her giving her "advice" or she(he) really doesn't have enough investment knowledge or expertise to know what to do in this investment environment. This is more important to focus on instead of what she(he) has down below.

9. MKTrader

MKTrader

He/she/whatever is very knowledgeable and does the kind of analysis that makes global macro types all excited. But I'm not sure what kind of actionable advice Lyn gives. I hear things about lightening up on risk or adding that to the portfolio, but have never seen real performance numbers. Talking a good game and actually investing/trading successfully are two different things. You can have a world of knowledge and perform poorly or blow things up, as some Nobel Prize winners have done.

As for the tranny stuff, I'll give Lyn credit for not ever bringing it up or asking anyone to worship him/her because it's LGBTQ+ month or whatever. But it's dang hard to watch AND listen to Lyn.

10. ET180

ET180

I subscribed to her free newsletter a few years ago. I occasionally read it and find it interesting. I think she knows her stuff. Engineering background, understands the mechanics of how the Fed works, smart. Many including myself regard her as an expert in that area. Worth a read and come to your own conclusions.

Although I personally view transgenderism as a mental illness (and feel sorry for people dealing with it), I would never question a sincere person's gender identity simply because what if I'm wrong? What if she really is a woman...how would that make her feel? Or her husband or family or anyone else reading that? Why go out of your way to insult someone's appearance when it's none of your business and completely unrelated to finance? I notice that people who do that and in general attack others over appearance or things that have no impact on them are always compensating for their own feelings of inadequacy.

#10     Jan 4, 2023
    Sprout likes this.