Make your call for Wed the 29th Oct 2020!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bad_Badness, Oct 28, 2020.

Call the day.

Poll closed Oct 29, 2020.
  1. Test- Bounce off the 100 MA and rally?

50.0%
  2. Momentum down continues probing for the 200 MA

50.0%
  3. Both of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

upload_2020-10-28_20-16-13.png

2. smallfil

smallfil

Dow Futures on Bloomberg is showing it up 241 points. We will see if that carries thru tomorrow, 10/29/20. Individual stocks move independently, of the indexes.

3. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

I am thinking gap fill.

4. I am indifferent as I positioned myself for either direction.

5. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Gap up, then down, then up

6. MrRenev

MrRenev

So you lose if it stays in a range?

My answer: none of the above. Price goes past MA100 but not all the way to MA200, bounces then back down, etc in a range basically.

7. trdes

trdes

More power to you if you can, but for me this is the most difficult day to predict out of the last 2 weeks. I'll stick to just taking signals as they come.

Bad_Badness likes this.
  8. smallfil

smallfil

Just shows you that the stockmarket will move where it wants to. Trade the price action. Ignore the news.

vanzandt likes this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

nothing special about a average - i would be using percentages. you can actually test percentages ans see historic levels the market respects and is typically attracted to. Martin Zweig comes to mind.

10. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

No position here for me. Just arm-chair and seeing what people thought. It was not posted as an actionable item. My time frame is below the daily but it helps me to understand the daily context, always.

So far an inside day for the most part with a test early AM. Lots of movement and a lot of trades possible in the shorter time frames. See what it brings into the PM, it is in a position to run up, though and possible gap fill "attempt" tomorrow.

Does not cost anything to take a premise and see if it works out. Interesting some of the more vocal are not commenting. To me it is an interesting chart to mull over, especially in the larger US and world context. But to me overall, not a swing trade I am entering. Just studying the swing on the index ES-NQ to see how it behaves.

As far as the MA, I just put them up there for context. And since the ES and NQ are not the same positions relative to the MAs, I thought it was interesting. Personally, I think the major MAs are relevant but tactics around them is a different issue.

#10     Oct 29, 2020