Mark Minervini (Meltdown)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader778, Oct 18, 2021.

1. destriero

destriero

Zadeh only requires screenshots. He was duped years ago by someone resetting a TOS paper trading account. I'd bet that Minervini is using TDA/TOS. Zadeh does not monitor the accounts directly.

#41     Oct 21, 2021
    Buck95 and longandshort like this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

The worst point would be below my stop. :)

#42     Oct 21, 2021
  3. deaddog

deaddog

According to the web site
    There's no prize for winning, only bragging rights.
    It's up to the contestant to supply the brokerage statements to Zadeh. I guess there's lots of room to photoshop or adjust the statements, but you'd certainly make a name for yourself if you got caught cheating.

#43     Oct 21, 2021
  4. there's no incentive because of the conflict of interest. you are paying zadeh.

#44     Oct 22, 2021
  5. deaddog

deaddog

Would such a contest be of any interest to someone like yourself who is contemplating getting into the money management business? $350 would seem like inexpensive advertising.

Put your hard earned money with me, here's proof I know what I'm doing. Minervini seems to be riding the hype. Getting interviewed on CNBC can't hurt your exposure.

#45     Oct 22, 2021
  6. Nope. Put it simply, investors who are qualified to pay performance fees aren't looking for fund managers using these types of competitions. Investors are more interested in managers who have a repeatable process, strong risk management, and transparency. Minervini, and other traders like him, are simply retail.

#46     Oct 22, 2021
  7. deaddog

deaddog

#47     Oct 23, 2021
  8. I have one of his books. He searches for stocks with earnings acceleration. Too bad none of todays highfliers have actual earnings.

#48     Oct 23, 2021
  9. For pre earnings companies rev growth and ebit growth can be good proxies. What makes accelerating earnings a good driver of stock returns is that it requires investors to revalue the stock at much higher prices. Revenue and ebit lead earnings, and only when a company is in its earnings phase (nature company) does it become more important.

#49     Oct 23, 2021
    morganpbrown likes this.
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly

he sounds like a cheat, tbh

#50     Oct 23, 2021