Market completely craters and VIX was... DOWN?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoyUnGanador, Oct 1, 2022.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

VIX uptrending but doji Thursday Friday

#11     Oct 1, 2022
  2. #12     Oct 2, 2022
  3. Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    #13     Oct 2, 2022
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

VIX in obvious uptrend unless it gets under 28ish

vix2oct.jpg

#14     Oct 2, 2022
  5. Ditto, IMV. The bulls have yet to acknowledge the bear market.

#15     Oct 2, 2022
    Math_Wiz likes this.

6. Relax! Don't be so hard on Vix. The boy never lies. When ther eis complacency he won't respond. When the balls shrivel up and fire starts shjooting out the bum, HE tells the story. Vix is at major Fibo resistance. See chart. Its a resitance level that the cognoscenti don't use or don't know about but its just as ptent as 61.8% and/or 38.2%

It is the 14.6% level shown in chart dashed red line with Vix consolidating with dojis left and right.

Additionally there is resitance at 100% Fibo projection Wave grid

Break thru' expected in the northbound direction of Wav 3 shown by up arrow. Waves 1 and 2 are completed as shown

[​IMG]

#16     Oct 2, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.

7. Its worse than what you are saying about the cats here talking tripe about the Vix ..........

There 's an ET girl named Nitrene who stated a while back that Vix is broken. Being a girl and this being America where no Alphas remain in existence, a bunch of Beta Males jumped in to give her LIKES for this asinine, hovine, bovine comment. Clubber Lang lead the charge in dishing out likes. George Peppard turned in his grave and bellowed, "MG help me rest in peace!"

The ignoramusses will never get it that Vix never lies. Never! Vix has so much integrity its downright blessed! When Vix senses complacency = lack of fear = stupidty of sheep, HE remains dormant.

But once the sheep strt to have their rear ends puckering up in abornng distress, Vix comes alive and the charges out the gate like a rocket.

Hide and watch

#17     Oct 2, 2022
  8. OK so I’m half asking a question here but a half stating a hunch. If the market is moving down, but the Vix is moving down or moving level, couldn’t that be interpreted that there is general agreement in the marketplace that the market should be moving down in an orderly fashion? Markets are only volatile when there is disagreement as to which direction the market should move. I perceive the VIX as a measurement of turmoil. If everybody is expecting the market to move down based on a Fed action, then you wouldn’t expect volatility. Nobody is surprised the the market is moving down. Right?

#18     Oct 2, 2022

9. Vix has zip top do with turmoil except in an off handed remote softie way.

What Vix represents is

C O M P L A C E N Y ....... thru' anus puckering up, to anus utricuoous bulbulous distension, to effluvium gushing out the anus in volcanic spurts to at the far end of the spectrum outright downright sheer T E R R O R

Behold how only a magnificent Fibo support can stem and reverse the T E R R O R

Amen!

#19     Oct 2, 2022
  10. I have seen quite a few threads over time whereby you made some excellent comments on various aspects of the VIX, and it is obvious you have spent some significant time and effort using it as a key trading vehicle.

If at all possible, could you direct me towards any key links you have found exceptionally useful on your VIX path in terms of gaining further Mastery of it? If so, thanks so much!

Also, do you ever use the VXM, the mini VIX futures? I aim towards using them more often as they have changed the tick size to $1 and some days are quite useful premarket.

I have noted you stated you usually have a long position in UVXY for black swans; how do you do this, I am curious!

#20     Oct 9, 2022