Marriage, just don't

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Feb 16, 2011.

1. why?...oh!

#361     Jan 21, 2012
  2. She is correct, and at least she is honest enuf to say this. Some 90% of women who marry, marry up. Even high level professionals want to marry up.

High status women often complain about the lack of finding, "a good man". When researchers analysed this more closely they finally got them to admit that a good man had very little to do with being good socially and morally. In fact, "nice" guys are very often considered weak.

It is one big reason why most women past a certain age are derisive of men who date much younger, and names like gold digger get used.

#362     Jan 21, 2012
  3. no

#364     Jan 21, 2012
  4. You do realize that you are probably in contention for breaking the record for the most number of posts in a single month.
    You are on-track for 6000 posts by the end of this year.

#365     Jan 21, 2012
  5. tsk4

tsk4

"Los Angeles Lakers All-Star guard Kobe Bryant was set to lose a reported $75 million in a divorce settlement with wife Vanessa...

Vanessa scored a clean sweep..."

Had a friend who went through a divorce- he willingly gave up the house.
    illiquid housing market + fixed costs = clean break for him

Good luck flipping a +10M home with an open house over the weekend

#366     Jan 21, 2012
  6. What about the child support ? Without that taken care of in the agreement, where's the "clean break" ?

#367     Jan 22, 2012
  7. I dated a girl for three years and two months after we broke up, she was pregnant with another guys kid who was only separated from his wife for two months. She wanted me to marry her, but there was something missing in our relationship and I was too emotionally involved to realize that she had poor character. She is highly manipulative and I never stood up to her bulls**t.

Funny thing is that she ended up with a guy who is highly manipulative too. I hate people who are almost sociopathic in their lies and manipulation. You think, wow this person is really nice, but then you realize that they are full of bs. I was way too naive about my ex.

#368     Jan 22, 2012
  8. tsk4

tsk4

Clean break was referring to my friend not Kobe.

My point is that TMZ or whoever was reporting the wife got the better part of the deal by keeping these expensive houses. Big houses cost big money to maintain and value varies. She'll be fine when the kids are little, but after they grow up she may be looking at an asset that is to big for her to maintain without an appropriate income. In the longterm I see her having to downgrade. I have a feeling Kobe left the deal pretty well off.

#369     Jan 22, 2012
  9. zdreg

zdreg

don't u know how to trade a wide spread?

#370     Jan 22, 2012