Marriage, just don't

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Feb 16, 2011.

1. " ... There is no room for error. Personally I think there should be a law that requires every potential groom to take a week long vacation to Rio de Janeiro before he proposes. If he returns and can honestly say he only wants one girl for the rest of his life, he is either in love, impotent or brain dead..." -Brett Tate

#391     Jan 24, 2012
  2. hitnrun

hitnrun

What is your experience with women from rio brazil ?

#392     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Marriage has given me stability that I lacked for a long time in my life.

The knowledge that I will have a baby and a family to provide for in a few months time gives me a direction and a sense of hope in life that I have never felt before.

Marriage has been destroyed because BOTH men and women have become very very selfish.

#393     Jan 24, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it is the same as his experience everywhere.
    winners win and losers lose.

#394     Jan 24, 2012
  5. hitnrun

hitnrun

maybe their is a story behind him saying everyone should visit rio brazil ?

everyone knows the women are hot but ?

#395     Jan 24, 2012
  6. sounds good to me.:p

i would add:

Must have big tits, minimum DDD.
    Must like BDSM and enjoy to be controlled by a sardistic man.

#396     Jan 24, 2012
  7. Nice to hear, someone found his dreamgirl.:)

Since europe is so strong influenced from all the bullshit of the United States, there are the woman exactly the same, feminist aggressive selffish beings, and its normal for them to marry more than once in their life, its a must have, you know, of course children must shitted out before being 30, otherwhise the life is over.

Fact is they are not different from asshole guys, who just want fuck every thing that moves and having no sense for romantic or what so ever.

Maybe, you must become a muslim to get a proper wife, with respect for her man.

#397     Jan 24, 2012
  8. nitro

nitro

I have nothing more to add. The only problem is, we all think we are winners. :D

All kidding aside, people change, and then love fades. Then when children are involved, it puts a huge burden on both people financially if they split up, and then blame the idea that they wanted to be with each other forever. If you don't respect the other person, it is a huge obstacle to overcome. So don't marry if you don't respect the person. Don't believe all the myths. Plenty of women don't care about your income, just that you respect yourself are happy with your career choice.

The critical thing imo is to be intellectually compatible with the woman you are with. It is no guarantee, but if you enjoy her company and have similar morals and ethics, it can weather the ups and downs better.

Be nice to each other. Forgive, or have a really short term memory. Think before you say things. Never make each other insecure. Make sure you spend at least part of the month with each other away from kids to reconnect. Still, no guarantees. Never believe that you own her/him. Always believe that s/he might not be there tomorrow. That way each day you are motivated to do little things for each other here and there.

Taking a course on psychology together, and even neuroscience, can also help in understanding when something goes bad. Some people don't need this, others it helps. Growing together in some way is important. You are both dynamic, and environment is part of what shapes personality and values.

If you do decide to open your heart to someone, risk it all emotionally. That way, you will choose wisely. If it doesn't work, I guarantee you will learn something about yourself. Dust yourself off, and allow your heart to mend, so that if by chance luck smiles on you again...Never hold a grudge, even if the other person wronged you.

My GF says something that always makes me fall in love with her, "Thanks for being you". If you mean it, try it.

#398     Jan 24, 2012
  9. nitro

nitro

#399     Jan 25, 2012
  10. volente_00

volente_00

The problem with most relationships is during courting both sides put on a facade of bull$hit masking the person's true identity. Couple this with being blinded by love and or lust it does not surprise me that so many marriages fail. You can try to be who you are not but in the end reversion to the mean always wins.

#400     Jan 25, 2012