Marrying for money

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Dec 14, 2007.

1. LOL

#141     Dec 18, 2007
  2. pkts

pkts

Wow, this thread is making me glad I'm not married! Hell, I'm glad I'm not dating.

Seriously though....how correlated is your guy's trading with being single vs dating/married?

I find that when I'm in a relationship or dating, I trade like a jackass. All the emotional up and down that is being in a relationship really messes with my trading.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Or do you just keep your pimp hand strong?

#142     Dec 18, 2007
  3. My wife doesn't trade, and doesn't know all the ins and outs of it...but she is involved in my trading. Very supportive and always someone I can do a discipline check against. She can tell if I'm full of shit or being wishy washy about something.

Great trade filter. Made me a bunch, saved me from losing even more, which is a lot more important than how much you win.

#143     Dec 18, 2007
  4. The last time my wife let me talk to her about the market was when Mark Cuban was on Dancing with the Stars.:D

#144     Dec 18, 2007
  5. Geez, BRK-A, what a disaster. I was about to buy that stock last week as a "safe" play. I thank myself that I forgot to do so. Sticking with my current plan.

Non-community states, here's a link I found:

http://www.lindakschneider.com/NonCommunityPropertyInformationCenter.shtml

My plan, as I stated is best, at least I think it is. In this day and age, you (man or woman) is nothing with out money. You cannot live, have good health, or even survive without money. Protection of that money is key. If you think I am wrong, consider how many people are now getting divorced. Over 60%. Why? Who knows anymore. Usually because of dough. Would you, man or woman, want someone to take half (or any amount) of your finances for a few years of being with each other? D.T.A. my friends. D.T.A.

Words to live by.

#145     Dec 18, 2007
  6. agreed. i am going on 15 years in january. although imo (she say's so too) we have a good marriage; i would not like to be in the position to watch my wife spend alimony on herself while the kids "survive". it has to be hell for those guy's. i really feel for them and hope never to be in that position (at least until the kid's turn 18!). i do wish i did a prenuptial though....not having one probably helps to keep me around.

#146     Dec 18, 2007

7. 1) 2gs will get you a studio with a security guard, 2bedrooms rent out for $5k+ or so.
    Each "room" = $1.5k in nyc
    studio = 1 room = $1.5k
    1 bedroom = 2 rooms = $3k
    2 bedroom = 3 rooms = $4.5k+

2) west village has always been the classic cool village, what you talking about there?

3) east village is just more poorer, upcoming

#147     Dec 18, 2007
  8. hsmc1970

hsmc1970

People lose their souls in increments 1st compromising on little things that grow into bigger and bigger compromises before they know it they are just an empty shell.

#148     Dec 18, 2007
  9. Good point.

#149     Dec 18, 2007
  10. People marry for all reasons.... having money is an attribute people have and others look for. It is a characteristic much like being tall or being nice.

#150     Dec 18, 2007