Maverick74 and marketsurfer's TopstepTrader Combine (daily trade reports and journal)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TST_Hoag, Oct 1, 2012.

1. I didn't see that in the rules. Busy mowing the lawn right now an having lunch. Will get familiar with all details after dark tonight, and join the fun next Monday :)

#41     Oct 1, 2012
  2. Remember I said it was not real life trading rules and you said how so? That's one of them :(

Rule number 1: read the rules

#42     Oct 1, 2012
  3. pbb

pbb

Wishing you a great ride some hours ago didn't help I guess. Too bad, just thought whow when I saw your first print. Don't they have some build in feature to save some profit when some sort of up limit is reached?

Just curious and won't judge, it's your style and I do respect that. When you were of from +3k to let's say a small plus, didn't you think of logging of, to be able to have a fresh start tomorrow and trying to make a full combine over the next weeks. This 'so called' combine review isn't really going anywhere when no one will actually make it half way.

With a start like this morning and another 5 days with smaller profits, you would have been king. Again too bad, would have been nice to see you make it.

#43     Oct 1, 2012
  4. I don't see it either, AP. I don't think its there---

surf

#44     Oct 1, 2012
  5. 1) Big print giveth and small print taketh. :(
    2) That "devil" is in the firm's "details". :eek: :mad: :D

#45     Oct 1, 2012
  6. Overall Winning Day % of 50 or greater

all I see is that... which means five out of ten days minimum must finish green. I see nothing at first couple passes that talks about specifics of intraday peak-draw cycle parameters

#46     Oct 1, 2012
  7. Thanks, Brother. Yeah, I should have quit for the day rather than ramping up and getting aggressive cause it was house money. I hope MAVERICK is cranking in the coin--- surf

#47     Oct 1, 2012
  8. The peak to trough intraday shut off permanently doesn't really make any sense.

Betting nazzdack misread it.

surf

#48     Oct 1, 2012
  9. Big picture: this is a test to see who...

Can be net profitable at least five days out of ten.

Can trade at least ten days out of thirty to prove consistency.

Can limit losses greatly.

Does not book nine small wins and one whopper loss.

Does not plunge all-in for a big score and game over.

In other words, see who really knows how to trade. The small entry fee is a filter to sift out non-serious parties, and also a decent income to buffer potential future loses I assume.

That's how I see the big picture at cursory glance... trolling for profitable prop traders = asset managers = whatever title applies

#49     Oct 1, 2012
  10. I have looked beyond the combine to see what things are like for the "live" traders. There are additional parameters. The "50% profit drawdown above $500" guideline was there last time I looked. :cool:

#50     Oct 1, 2012