Men, Women, Divorce, and Trading in 2012

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Aug 18, 2012.

Should I get Married?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    83.6%
  1. this thread has really made me laugh.... i've grown up in a really good family and meeting girls hasn't been very hard.. some of my friends have gotton married.. i haven't even gotton close... My trading doesn't produce me an income to live off.. but this is what i was thinking.... Be a man.. don't be a pussy... if you love a girl .. take her... keep her occupied and fullfill the life long commitment to her.. DON'T BE A PUSSY... Real men don't back out of commitments especailly marriage just because their wife starts quacking out.. the idea is whne you marry someone if you get sick or go fucking competely loopy they will stand by your side till your fucking dead.... My brother married a girl.. got cancer.. died and left us a little girl... His wife was there till the end.... Its easy to run around fucking the hell out of girls... i've done it all my life.. and i can respect that.. but if your gonna try to be on the up and up.. don't half it or even three quarter it...

Accountability is nonexistent in relationships these days.... Let it be you who decides how much she needs to live on from your stash when she decides to run... i would much rather be the person that gets robbed then the thief.. meaning i can get better locks.. i don't have to be a piece of shit robber and life that type of lifestyle... and to my other point... don't comingle assets... form a LLC with disassocaited parties... keep your money seperate! talk to a lawyer.. just because your married doesn't mean she gets half your shit... . she gets half of what you made while you were married and as well half of what you have co mingled...

if you keep her happy... and make it hard to leave you because your a fucking fun awesome great guy.. and she would be broke if she left you.. chances are she will stay..... but being a dick with a prenupt won't work.. and trading on hope without a stop loss or exit strategy has a huge risk of ruin!

#31     Aug 18, 2012
  2. i think after reading this thread i could guess the life history of every person that has responded... don't let that cloud your perception... people are bitter and risk adverse... and you can't look at girls like their is a price on their pussy... if there is.. just import a cheap hot girl and rail her out till your bored out of your mind... keep a clear mind.. the sex will get old and if the girls not your best friend both of you will start subtly de constructing the relationship.. I do think their is something sick at how quick we put dollar amounts on sex with someone we are considering marrying... .... Marry your best friend.... i personally think from your writings you know deep down something is missing in the relationship.. that or your scared....
    traders by nature what to quantify everything... this transaction your talking about is a give not a recieve venture... if your sitting there thinking about what your going to get out of it.. your fucked... love is an action word.. your committing to love her.. its not the feeling you get when your blowing a load on her face, or when she is acting right and cleans the fucking house... its when she is acting like a total fucking nut job and you go out of your way to deal wiht your feelings not to feed the fire... its putting trust in someone that they aren't going to fuck you.... the only thing worthwhile in this life are good relatinoships.. best friends/ girlfriends / family / wifes... take them seriuosly.. everything else is just shit... you'll be exponentially more emotionally broke then monetarily broke if the marriage doesn't work... you can always make more money...

#32     Aug 18, 2012
  3. Wow... You took my thoughts and feelings re this subject verbatim and then some! Sadly even for good people finding true happiness is elusive and difficult.

I am one who considers the marriage and family doing ok..but boy this is far from easy (near 20 yrs) its still possible my wife and kids are plotting something sinister but i was never one to see the glass half empty. If you guys do jump in, toss out strong ego and say you're sorry even when not guilty...and btw..yes most women marry if possible a guy who can provide better than the next...i really don't think thats so wrong...we look for hotness etc ..

#33     Aug 18, 2012
  4. Have you turned your trading around then? If so then congrats, that's quite a turnaround.

I remember you had a journal where you had blown out some micro accounts and were down to your last $700 of savings. How do you go from broke and in debt to being wealthy enough to worry about gold diggers in a couple of years time?

#34     Aug 18, 2012
  5. my guess is never saying die.. and dilligence.. or at least i hope thats the case... hecould have come into a shit ton of money.. and just be saying he is trading for alot of money.. when his trading doesn't really provide much income.. i hope not though . i would much rather believe in someone..

#35     Aug 18, 2012
  6. jinxu

jinxu

The secret was blowing up micro accounts instead of a fortune. If you want to speed up your learning curve then increase your rate of failure. I'm not rich but I can grow account fast.

Also, Wow I didn't think 100% were going to say no at this point. Idk I hear stories about how marriage changes people a few year in. I've seen old friends whose wife got fat and lazy. And I've read about nasty divorces. Realistically, what's the chance of finding a good wife nowadays?

#36     Aug 18, 2012
  7. My friend had a saying that is sad but true.

If it floats, flies, or f*cks it's cheaper to rent.

Jinxu- the real question you should be asking is how good has your intuition proved in the past? If it's good like mine is-then no marriage sorry. Want to test the waters. Tell her you just blew up your trading account and are now BK. Does she still want to marry you? Watch the initial look on her face that will tell you everything you need to know.

#37     Aug 18, 2012
  8. I think it is probably very difficult for a trader to find a good wife. It is much easier for a man with a good wife to quit his job and become a trader. Either way, there is a shortage of good wives. Most of them end up marred to cops or farmers.

#38     Aug 18, 2012
  9. Lets see if you will be saying the same thing once you get married. And i like a lot of what you said. But believe me, i used to think like you. There's a reason about 50% of all marriages end in divorce. i can only speak from a mans perspective, and i disagree with your comment
    "if you keep her happy... and make it hard to leave you because your a fucking fun awesome great guy.. and she would be broke if she left you.. chances are she will stay..... but being a dick with a prenupt won't work.. and trading on hope without a stop loss or exit strategy has a huge risk of ruin"

Do you really think this is going to prevent his wife leaving him. Truth of the matter is, if she wants to leave, she will. You can be the best guy possible to her, if she has it in her mind, she is not happy, she will leave, only thinking the grass is greener on the other side. But yeah, if you treat her well, she will realize you were a good man to her and that the dating scene with men is really garbage. And she will come back. This is the same reason men cheat, for whatever reason, they could have a great awesome woman at home, but if a man decides he is going to cheat, he will, not because his wife is not great or loving, she could be the best wife to him, but we still stray at times. Not all men or women of course, but some. Can we all say "Prenupt", and yes, be that dick with a prenup, you wont regret it.

#39     Aug 18, 2012
  10. Farmers?? Really? Wow, cops, i can see, but farmers though. lol. I learn something new everyday.

#40     Aug 18, 2012