Mentors and education

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trader2713, Mar 3, 2020.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Appreciate your comments.

#21     Mar 4, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. Hello trader2713,

I do not make money trading,., yet. So takes this for what it is worth.

1. DO NOT trade real money until you have 1 year of consistent real sim profits.

2. Whoever you hire, ask to see 5 years of tax trading broker records. Have them screen share into their broker account via skype so you really see they make money. Have them screenshare skype for a week to watch them trade live . Get a 3rd party audit of their trading records.

That is all I can say if you trying to hire a mentor.

Trading course.....you will just have to buy a few to see which ones help you the most. You rather spend money on trading education first. Get educated and practice.

As for me. I am liking Al Brooks Trading Course for now. But who knows, I probably be buying another soon. Cost of tuition, just like a college course.

#22     Mar 4, 2020
  3. Hello KCalhoun,

How do you prove to your members you actually make consistent money the past 5 years? Tax records or 3rd party verification service?

#23     Mar 4, 2020
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I do not make any performance nor profitability claims of any kind, per compliance regs. The reason I've been trusted by thousands of active traders since 1999 is because I teach actual lessons learned from real money trades I've done.

Here's what some of my seminar attendees have said:

Disclaimer: “The testimonials seen may not be representative of the experience of other clients. The testimonials seen are no guarantee of future performance or success. No compensation is paid in exchange for any testimonial. "

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    #24     Mar 4, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Thanks for the response.

Correct me if I am wrong, but compliance regulators does not require trading service or vendors to show proof making money or 3rd party verification to their customers that they actually make money?

#25     Mar 4, 2020
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

No, I am a publisher of educational information, not a investment advisor. Like an author, which I am, there is no performance claims being made (ref. SEC 'publishers exemption'). I'm honest, unlike educators who make noncompliant winning performance % claims etc.

btw I completely agree with your point re don't trade live til consistent on sim first

Articles:

https://www.equities.com/user/kencalhoun

http://technical.traders.com/archive/combo/display5.asp?author=Ken Calhoun

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    #26     Mar 4, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. Thank you KCalhoun for the clarification.

Yes, without a doubt, trade sim first. Atleast all money goes to trading education and sim fees, and not losing to making mistakes and lack confidence and knowledge and lack of skills and bad habits.

#27     Mar 4, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. ken posted some trades to this board... ETF odd lots. Sorry, but if you've gotta trade odd lots after 30 years in this business--you have no business pumping your services here.

#28     Mar 4, 2020
    yc47ib, SimpleMeLike and VixTraderdf like this.
  9. Is that a book recommendation: Evidence Based Technical Analysis?

#29     Mar 4, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. Yes, that is the book.

#30     Mar 4, 2020