Message to riskarb: UBS FX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by wwx, Feb 18, 2006.

1. wwx

wwx

I understand from the following thread that you trade FX with UBS.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59124

Can you possibly provide some indication as to the sort of private clients UBS FX may be interested in acquiring, eg, in terms of minimum portfolio size?

One can assume that the individual will trade actively online, with a monthly turnover of at least US$5m.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. wwx

wwx

Thanks for your prompt feedback, riskarb.

I just read thru the PDFs on the page you mentioned. Do you use the UBS FX Trader online platform? If so, are you satisified with its reliability and features?

Usually, does an individual has to first become a UBS Private Bank or Investment Bank customer in order to use FX Trader?

Presumably, US$500k is the per-trade minimum.

Thanks again!

3. no... its the min. deposit to open the acct... this is not a retail-type platform...

4. wwx

wwx

Hi 2cents

When you said "this is not a retail-type platform", do you mean that only corporate or institutional clients are accepted, or can high net worth individuals open accounts (personal or using an offshore company)?

Thanks!

5. yes they do accept individuals, doesn't matter whether your personal / company accts are held offshore or not. as for min. trade size, i don't know for UBS specifically, they may not mind 100K size transactions, but generally the prime brokers would expect a min. of 500K per trade

6. wwx

wwx

Thanks, 2cents, for the info.

7. © UBS is a leading FX liquidity provider, widely recognised in the market for its global scale, innovative technology and exceptional customer service. Gain an overview of FX market forces using the UBS Morning Adviser publications and track major currencies with the Technical summary at a glance updates. UBS strategists appear regularly on CNBC and Bloomberg TV, and are frequently quoted in major financial publications such as The Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times.

8. gkishot

gkishot

Do they have a phone number to call them up?

#10     Feb 19, 2006