Metastock Pro Real/Time for Charting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by thyrus, Oct 28, 2020.

1. thyrus

thyrus

Hi, Does anyone have experience with metastock R/T for intraday charting? ANy screenshots and pictures you can send me? Thanks.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Why would you pay $250 a month for that including the Xenith datafeed. You can get a free datafeed from your broker and use www.medvedtrader.com for $20 a month. Why not use www.TradingView.com for $30 a month?

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can get www.esignal.com for $180 a month and that is best software for charts I have seen.

4. thyrus

thyrus

I currently use esignal... its $250/month with data and lev2, but I dont like its multichart layout.

5. thyrus

thyrus

Tradingview doesnt have premarket accuracy and also goes AWOL AH.
    I like how medved looks - what's the smallest time frame it offers?

apdxyk likes this.
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

You could look at the charts of metastock Xenith which is a rebadged Reuter’s EIKON terminal for $150 a month. No need for metastock r/t on top. Has Reuter’s news as well.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

Who is your broker?

8. thyrus

thyrus

lightspeed - their platform is terrible. i may make things easier and switch to cmeg so i can use das trader which again to me, is simpler and cleaner.

9. terr

terr

I am not sure what you mean by timeframe. If you are talking about candle sizes, they can be as small as you like (with a limitation of not more than, I think, 200,000 candles in the chart).

The question is whether the data feed you choose in Medved Trader supplies tick quotes either in real time or in backfill to support those small candle sizes.