Moderna twice as good as Pfizer

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. tango29

tango29

Posted this in a coffee thread too, but figured I would post here also.
    As an experiment I drank an 8 ounce cup of coffee this morning. This is roughly half of what I would have had in my system previous to the second dose of Moderna by this time of the morning. My frickin heart is racing and pulse is at 85. I am now officially done with coffee. B.S.

#32     Sep 14, 2021
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm very athletic (rower) and my resting heart rate is in the low 50's but I do have a problem with low blood pressure. In addition, I'm 54 years old with teenagers that train (row) with me although I'm too old for their other sports (e.g. hockey, soccer).

I'm fully vaccinated with Moderna and the only time my numbers went up into the low 60s was the first week after my 2nd dose. My blood pressure was up a little too.
    • Within a few weeks...I'm back to my low 50s and back to low blood pressure as in back to normal for myself.
    Also, I didn't work out much in the 30 days after my 2nd dose. I didn't have the energy as in I was very lethargic. I did drink a ton of water in those 30 days...something I learned was very helpful when I was vaccinated in college and again in the military when I was younger to ensure my kidneys did their job properly after a vaccination.

I've heard from friends that are coffee drinkers (I'm not a coffee drinker) and they had a similar reaction as you when they were vaccinated but only within the 30 days after their 2nd dose.
    • One actually developed Myocarditis but it went away on its own in about 2 weeks via a change in his nutrition that included removing the heavy coffee drinking.
    That was my biggest worry involving the Covid vaccination (the Myocarditis) because I had it once when I was a teenager after a FLU vaccination when I was on the crew team. I didn't need any medical treatment but an adjustment in my nutrition and rowing (team practice)...Myocarditis was gone in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Soon after the Myocarditis...I developed a heart murmur. That too went away on its own but it took much longer as in a few months. Simply, I've had mild heart problems in my youth from vaccinations...enough that I was a little concerned about taking the Moderna Vaccination but the other vaccines (Astra and J&J) my Doctor said I was not suitable because of ingredients in those vaccines that I was allergic too...

It was the reason why we decided upon Moderna or Pfizer...eventually deciding to go with Moderna.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    #33     Sep 16, 2021
    tango29 likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

#34     Sep 16, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  5. tango29

tango29

Thank you for the input. I know I am not imagining it, but have to admit it seems like an odd reaction. So far it hasn't lessened for me. but I'll try again as I guess I am a coffee/caffeine addict.
    This last Tuesday, and quite a few times after the 2nd shot, I was seriously getting worried during the day. The increase in heart rate was very noticeable, and I was feeling fairly strong pain in the left side of my chest, but no other of the typical symptoms of a heart attack.
    The hospital where my wife and 2 of our sons work and is where I went for the vaccination only had Pfizer or Moderna, and we had no choice. I was put in the Moderna line, and it didn't really matter to me which I received. The rest of the family has had Pfizer, and little to no reactions. Probably just me and may have had similar reaction with Pfizer.

#35     Sep 16, 2021
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Hey destriero,

I've always been hassling my Mom to pick up some drug company stock for her long term investments since the year 2000.

She eventually picked up 5,000 shares of MRNA around $14.00 per share in 2019 and then she sold it last summer @ $62.00

I asked her last summer why did she sell if it was a long term investment ?
    • She said she wanted to cash out and put the money in the bank for a big trip with her girlfriends on a cruise and take them on a tour of France, Italy, and Portugal.
    I called her yesterday and asked her did she know where MRNA was at in price ? She then said she doesn't want to talk about it. :D

P.S. I told her to talk to her investment manager about MRNA when/if it does a stock split.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    #36     Sep 16, 2021
  7. destriero

destriero

Still, she did great on it. I opened that thread after talking to a buy-side pharma/biotech consultant. It was a great comp-intel Zoom call. ;)

#37     Sep 16, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Slightly offtopic, but Merck has the pill for Covid. The results of the trial is so good, they stopped it early:

#38     Oct 1, 2021
  9. I don't drink anything caffeinated so it's a non issue. I take no medication for BP, but I do take medication for Afib. A beta blocker and a blood thinner. Neither have any impact on my tinnitus which I've had persistent in one ear since 2005.
    I just noticed about a month or so after the second jab my tinnitus got noticeably worse in the one ear, and started to a lesser degree in the other ear. Lasted about two months and then diminished as quickly as it came on. Since nothing in my diet or activity had changed I guessed it was the jab which was the culprit. All things considered not much of a side effect, especially since it went back to my normal ear ringing which is a real joy to live with, but I have grown accustomed to it most days. The jab induced tinnitus had a different decibel level in each ear, and a different tone as well. Yeah, it was lovely.:confused:

#39     Oct 23, 2021
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I can imagine it is quite hard to live with. Do you get to the point where it can be ignored? That is to say do you get so used to it after a while that you don't notice it anymore. Is there no known treatment that works? I did know someone who suffered from tinnitus, and I think they sought medical help but apparently without much success.

#40     Oct 23, 2021