Most Detailed War Prophesy in The Bible

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by murray t turtle, Mar 7, 2022.

1. themickey

themickey

Spoken like a true cultist. :)

#11     Mar 13, 2022
  2. themickey

themickey

LOL :) :)

#12     Mar 13, 2022
  3. stu

stu

Every time he comes come up with that stuff, it's like the oxygen of human reasoning is being sucked out of the room.

#13     Mar 13, 2022
  4. I want to apologize to all of you and everyone else on these threads, if I have ever hurt anyone's feelings. For a while now I feel like all I do is try to contradict everyone on here. I don't actually like contradicting people, as a general rule. Sometimes it can be a little bit of fun to point out a different view, if it's done tactfully. But I feel like I've become like a parent of a young child that has started only pointing out the faults of the child, and not actually interacting with him/her in a positive manner, which is definitely very bad for the development of the child and shows a dangerous lack of effort on the parent's part to value the relationship over the behavior. My experience has been that valuing a child relationally is more important for teaching life lessons than continual criticism. I'm not saying not to point out to a child where improvement is needed, just saying that shouldn't be the emphasis in any relationship.

So, where am I going with this? I'm not really sure. I think for a while I will just stop criticizing/contradicting what I believe to be error on these threads. Instead, I will simply praise God with truth. This may come across a little weird, and I'm not sure what it will look like. But, if I have made anyone feel like I've attacked them when I've tried to share what I believe is truth, well, I'm sorry for the way I came across. I don't think truth and lies go well together and when 2 people think they both have truth and yet they hold contradictory views, I'm not sure how to balance that. Truth shouldn't remain quiet and let lies live, and that should be true for whichever side of truth one is on or thinks they are on. Now I'm rambling.

So, going to try to turn over a new leaf on here for a while and see if it seems like it's a better approach.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    #14     Mar 13, 2022
  5. I'm going to answer this following my new approach. :)

Where was I before I was born? My life came from my parents and their lives came from their parents, and their lives came from their parents........all the way back to the first man and woman. :D And no, I don't remember that.:D

#15     Mar 13, 2022
  6. Or maybe not.:D

Would you question your math book's instructions? Probably not. When there is a reason to believe something is believable, then there is a reason to believe it. :) I have a LOT of reasons to believe the Bible.

#16     Mar 13, 2022
  7. This seemed to be directed at someone else based on who you quoted, but I'm sure you think this about me too.

Well, praise God, there is oxygen in the air we breathe, so that we can stay alive. All that we need has been created from Him and given to us to use. I mean, really, you don't really think that I (or you) had anything to do with the oxygen supply in your room do you?:D

#17     Mar 13, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

You're dancing around the question...

The "I" in this refers to the "you" of you. Your ego/personality. Your essence. Your identity as an individual. It comes from your brain, and not from some outside realm where "you" might exist. If you cannot remember yourself from one life to the next, then there is only one "you".

Jesus himself said "I die daily". What he meant was that he falls asleep. The only reason you know you are alive is if the body wakes up the next day, and your brain continues to propagate your personality. Once it goes away, i.e. dies and does not wake up, "you" are done forever.

#18     Mar 13, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  9. themickey

themickey

Letting you know, I've never had bad feelings toward you. :) Actually think you are a nice guy.
    Your position though is you are hoping to convert the heathen, my position I'm attempting to get christians to open their minds away from blind obedience to the bible.
    As I keep saying, the bible has some great stuff in it, nice literature, but it would be best that humans treat it with suspicion.

#19     Mar 13, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  10. @stu
    Also, I have now unbocked and unignored you, Stu. Of course, that means you can now block or ignore me and then have the advantage. I'm not running my own threads at the moment, so I don't feel the need to defend them from you. :) This will make it easier for both of us to quote and get notified of replies. I'm not promising not to block you in the future, though. :D:D:D

#20     Mar 13, 2022