Most Detailed War Prophesy in The Bible

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by murray t turtle, Mar 7, 2022.

1. I have never thought of it like that, that they are hated because they are chosen. I have always thought they were hated because Satan despises God and tries to destroy all that God loves and does. I can't think of any OT verses off the top of my head to back that up, but Revelation 12, where the Serpent tries to destroy the woman (Israel) teaches that idea.

The way I understand it is that beginning with Adam and Eve, we have all been wanted by God, but we have chosen to depart from God, starting with Adam and Eve. Even with Cain, God actually talked out loud to him, trying to encourage him to do what was right, yet Cain did his own thing (killed his brother) instead. And the pattern of people doing their own thing continued down until ONLY Noah was right with God. Because of that, God chose Noah and his family, to save them from destruction and start over with the human race.

8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him:9 “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you.
    Genesis 9:8, 9
    But only a short time later, perhaps as soon as 100 to 300 years after the flood, almost the entire population was serving idols and began building the tower of Babel and so God again brought judgment by confusing the language according to their families.

From God's perspective, He had reached out and even specially worked with some people, but it didn't take long for the majority of of the population to turn away from God.

Abraham seems to come from a family that had some knowledge of God, but even Terah, his own father, was an idol worshiper.

So, God decided to work mainly with one person, Abraham, although there were other believers at that time (Shem was still living). God tested Abraham by seeing if he would offer us his son Isaac as a sacrifice, yet stopped him from actually going through with it. Passing this test meant a lot to God and because of that, God made this promise to Abraham:

15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” Genesis 22:15-18 NKJV
    The Bible says, that Abraham figured that God was able to raise up Isaac from the dead. Since God had already promised Abraham that Isaac would be the father of a nation, he believed God would still keep His promise.

Also, although Jews won't see it this way, for Christians, we understand that this was very important to God because God would one day actually give up His own Son for us. Abraham was willing to give up his son for God, and God was willing to give up His Son for us.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's people that choose not to follow God. God works with those who follow Him. Even though God did make promises to lead the Israelites in a special relationship with them, foreigners were always welcome to convert to God.

Also note that the promise made to Abraham for being willing to give up his son, also resulted in a blessing for ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    #31     Mar 15, 2022
  2. Just thought the calculations for the population at the time of the Tower of Babel in this article is interesting.

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-3463/noah-tower-of-babel-population-growth/?p=3463
    This means that there were 339 years between when Noah and the others left the ark and when the Tower of Babel was built.

The Torah notes that there were (at least) 8 people in the ark: Noah, his wife, his 3 sons, and the sons wives.​

This yields a population at the time of the Tower of Babel of over 920,000 people! So even assuming everyone else in the world was destroyed save those 8 people in the ark, the world would have been quite populated by the time of the building of the Tower of Babel.​

#32     Mar 15, 2022
  3. themickey

themickey

Religous gobbledegook, entertaining and useless.
    It won't even save you, empty words to make you feel good.

Stupid shit someone in shiny shoes and a white shirt with the gift of bs spells over gullible sheep.
    Think of Putin pulling the wool over so many people for so long, smooth operator but bs artist.

Humans for the most part are fucking stupid, the more religous the more stupid.

gettyimages-874480208.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    #33     Mar 15, 2022
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. %%
    THAT's one of the many reasons the LORD of Angel Armies/NEVER\lost a war.
    ''All mighty '' includes resurrection power; that's how the Lord Jesus is alive.
    And with all due respect \ red apple or green apple sceptics dont bother me\ i have that evidence inside me..........................................................................................[Edit\ I don't know if putin's religious buddies are fake ?? A fake $100 bill does not disprove the real $100 bills:caution::caution:]

#34     Mar 15, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

And therein lies another Biblical fallacy. You cannot rebuild a society with 8 people. Genetic research shows that you'd need at least 10,000 people or so, to combat genetic drift and rare dormant genes from becoming active that cause fatal diseases.

And there was not 10,000 people on the Ark.

#35     Mar 15, 2022
  6. ph1l

ph1l

The logic is God is omnipotent, so he could make anything work with his subjects' cooperation,:)
    https://www.icr.org/books/defenders/146

#36     Mar 15, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

There's always an answer for something that doesn't click in the Bible. Written by incestuous people, perhaps?

#37     Mar 15, 2022