Most of the people say Time Series doesn't work, why?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by GloriaBrown, Sep 26, 2013.

1. I don't know that much about Time Series so I am not sure why most of the people say it just doesn't work for trading, so why they think so?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. You have been accused of being j2ee. This post convinces me that you are not. You just aren't as smart as he was.

3. Sergio77

Sergio77

Time series is all you got there. A lot of people who know how to work properly with them make a lot of money at the expense of those who do not know.

This blog is using time series and at times the timing of signals is impeccable.

4. This blog is just selling trading program and strategy, why would they do that if it is really high profitable? No need to even read how this blog talks about how good is the system and ask you to pay for it.

5. Eyez

Eyez

You've answered every question you will ever ask by yourself.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

A better question would be: why do you think they think so? Where did you get this factoid from? AFAIK most of the people don't even know what a time series is, much less whether or not they "work".

I suspect what you're really talking about is time series analysis, which works just fine for some of us. Don't ask for a tutorial.

It boils down to this: do you regard trading books, articles, forums, courses, etc. as launching pads or landing pads? If your answer is landing pads, your knowledge will be limited to whatever the author/guru chooses to divulge to you. If your answer is launching pads, your potential trading knowledge has no upper limit.

7. ronblack

ronblack

Her style looks similar to a major troll that lurked in these forums a few years ago asking similar questions.

8. Your landing pad quests are where you will wind up.

Time series and time series analysis is what a class of people use who are also doing landings.

The alternative is certainly a stepping stone going forward. BUT you would have to drop this latest topic of your quest.

Let us know if you have a change of orientation.

The reason why the stuff you hear doesn't work is plain. Time is not a market variable.

The primary use of time in monitoring and analysis is to bundle data groups consistently for convenient use.

Consider looking at markets from a mathematical point of view.

Work hard and determine the name in mathematics for the variable Price whereby time is not a variable. Once you get through this consideration; recognize that most people go through finding landing pads and then quit trading.

Sprout likes this.
  9. I dont understand why everyones getting so emotional about this. Seems like there's been a lot of time devoted to it

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. I've been thinking about timeless series myself. I've also scored some really potent weed...

#10     Oct 10, 2013
    thecoder likes this.