MultiCharts-14 developed Robot Algorithmic Trading Parse and Execution? ByteCode? BinaryCode?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Blonde, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've considering MultiCharts-14(latest version) capacity for developing high speed and low latency Algorithmic Trading. May someone professional answer my questions below:

1- MultiCharts-14 programming language of PowerLanguage is a front gate or some kind of domain-specific programming language that generates C++ code internally to be compiled and executed in Binary/Byte code?

2- If the MultiCharts-14 programming language generates C++ code internally, will I get the full execution speed of C++ while programming in the PowerLanguage?
    e.g. In case, the MultiCharts-14 connects to a broker by FIX-API and I do Algorithmic Trading by MultiCharts-14, will I get the C++ native code execution speed from code that generated and executed from PowerLanguage?

3- Considering two scenarios below:
    3-A An Algorithmic Trading Robot/EA/App developed on C++ on the {platform based}-API e.g. TWS-API and order management done by FIX-API to the same broker, our calculation of Trading-Logic-A(as selective trading logic in query) and execution of the order by FIX-API took X-nano-second.
    3-B An Algorithmic Trading Robot/EA/App developed on MultiCharts-14 and order management has done by FIX-API to the same broker, our calculation of Trading-Logic-A(as same logic in query 3-A) and execution of the order by FIX-API took Y-nano-second
    Will X-nano-second > Y-nano-second? (How much X is bigger than Y?)
    Will X-nano-second < Y-nano-second? (How much Y is bigger than X?)
    Will X-nano-second = Y-nano-second?

Tnx and best of luck [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. fan27

fan27

So let me get this straight. You want to compete at the HFT level with outfits who can invest tens of millions in technology...and to compete you are going to be "locked and loaded" with multi-charts? You are bringing a tooth pick to a machine gun fight.

arbs-r-us and d08 like this.
  3. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @fan27

Thanks. Per my knowledge, HFT needs to run on the dedicated server near to exchange/broker servers. But my goal is phase-based, and in Phase-1 is to run this Algorithmic Trading on a local High-Performance Laptop/Server that I own the infrastructure that Algorithmic Trading implemented on?

I want to reduce as much as possible delays in the execution if it is possible. And my expectation is to connect the Algorithmic-Trading to Business-class Fiber broadband at the start phase, Phase-1. Later if everything worked perfectly as planned, I think about finding a solution to compete with HFT more precisely.?

But could you elaborate by answering three questions by reference if you know the answer, please?

4. danielc1

danielc1

Code written in powerlanguage gets compiled as if there where written in c++. So there is no difference in speed. However, the c++ of multicharts. Net versions give you more control and more possibilities then the powerlanguage.

Blonde likes this.
  5. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @danielc1

Thanks for confirming the MC PowerLanguage concept. But isn't the C++ used for external programming to the MC-14 and MC .net and the MC .net's actual programming is C#? Do you mind elaborate on this point, please?

6. danielc1

danielc1

I don't know..