MultiCharts PowerLanguage/EasyLanguage full documentation, full reference book, books and materials?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Blonde, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya,

I'm looking for the PowerLanguage/EasyLanguage full documentation, full reference book, books, and materials? Everything related to MultiCharts-14(latest version). I don't know where to start and where to read all the materials to get full knowledge about this Algorithmic Trading application as fast and as complete as possible?

I can read man guides and books as long as they are worthy of my time and they are written well and they are useful, but I don't want to use my time to read junk books and guides that have no practical value, nor any performance optimization considered on them.

I want to develop an Algorithmic Trading Robot/App that can be capable of the fastest possible execution lowest possible latency with best of the best memory management and superior performance optimization with MultiCharts-14 and I need professional advice on this? please help?

Note: I may try to learn other Algorithmic Trading language or API or first-class programming languages like Java and develop some application for Algorithmic Trading on them as well, but I need to learn MultiCharts-14 as I'm developing one EA/Robot/application-for-algorithmic-trading in MultiCharts-14 too.

Tnx and best of luck [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. kmiklas

kmiklas

Are you in a colo?

If not, forget about LL. Your fills are in seconds... milliseconds if you're lucky.

It doesn't matter if your tick to trade is in nanos, and you're using C with assembler-optimized code hotspots on your office rig. You're last in your broker's order queue... and the competition can cut the line.

Your trade to ack is at a snail's pace.

Don't forget you'll need a high-speed MD feed, all this over private lines.

I'd say move your time horizon to 15 mins at the minimum. There you can be somewhat competitive.

LL is not cheap, my friend.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  3. ph1l

ph1l

Blonde and easymon1 like this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Go For It!
    What do you have to lose?
    Can you afford to lose it?
    Smartest people, Fastest computers, Best information vs You.

Blonde likes this.
  5. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @kmiklas

Thanks. In this first phase, Phase-1 of the project, no its not a dedicated server near exchange/broker. If execution and algorithm implementation goes well, I'll consider this as an option.

I don't get what d you mean? 15Min timeframe for what? Analysis of market? Execution decisions? Charting output(in case algorithmic trading does have charting output)?

Under development programs by me do need all the ticks and need extremely accurate tick data feeds.

Best of luck

6. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @ph1l

Thanks. May I ask how can I recognize how much of EasyLanguage overlaps with PowerLanguage and how much is not?
    Based on my knowledge, not all the EasyLanguage code can be implemented 100% in PowerLanguage?

And may please elaborate if MC PowerLanguage is a front end that generates C++ code internally for MC to be compiled and executed in binary code?

7. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @easymon1

Thanks. What do you mean by this? lol
    Do you mean I can beat the smartest people and fastest computers with the best pieces of information by myself? :)

I can say my potentials are unlimited and if I get some support that I need in online forums, we sure beat them all. yeay!

8. kmiklas

kmiklas

1. Which broker do you plan to use for this project?
    2. What algos are you focusing on?

9. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @kmiklas

Why the choice of broker can affect implementation?

To start Phase-1, it will be TA-based algorithms and mathematical estimations.
    ?

Best of luck

10. kmiklas

kmiklas

Low-Latency is a specialized thing. Etrade is not going to set you up with an LL connection! You need a broker that specializes therein, and see what speeds you can afford. Interactive Brokers will get you latency and fills in seconds or high milliseconds. A more expensive broker will get you into low milliseconds or high microseconds. If you want faster, you'll need to lease a cage at an exchange. If you want nanoseconds, you need a fiber connection directly from your kernel-bypassed on-site computer with a specialized NIC to an exchange rig--and one of these costs millions per year. Market Data has the same gradated scale. As speed, data points, and accuracy increases, so does price.

To be clear, there is NOTHING you can do to speed up your latency to the exchange or execution times, other than PAY. It is not a technology issue; this style of trading is heavily PAYWALLED.

This is the kind of thing that hedge funds like Citadel, Goldman, Point72, Renaissance, et alia specialize in. God only knows what they pay for their access... tens of millions per year? You want to waltz in and take their alpha with a retail setup? :confused:

I don't want to discourage you; that's why I'm saying to focus your algos on a 15-minute time horizon. They won't be low-latency--they're basically scalping algos--but you'll get some experience, and play a game where you have a small chance of winning. Collect some data, do some math, make some (dollar-normalized) trades, and see if your algos can win 4 out of 7.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    #10     Apr 26, 2021