My covid, parent dying, and getting back into trading (eventually).

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jnbadger, Jul 24, 2022.

1. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Honestly dude, you're going through some tough shit right now and the last thing you want to do is trade. Really. I do understand that you want to distract yourself from all this stuff by going back to your old life, but don't.

You'll be back to full size quicker that you'd think and when you're already stressed out and you have to babysit a losing position on top of that your mental will go down the dumpster.
    Unless you need to trade to pay your bills, do something else to center yourself and get back on track.
    Visit a dog shelter and walk one of the dogs from time to time. Build the Titanic out of matchsticks, start painting, play videogames everything that is completely meaningless and keeps your mind busy is good.

You will need your energy soon to deal with your old mans situation and the last thing you want to do is thinking about that fucked up short gamma position that is blowing up in your face right now.

Think about why you trade and if it is not for the edge, just don't do it. Trading during exceptional mental situations will lead to complete disaster. Absolute no go

#31     Jul 25, 2022
    Gambit, Andrea Wylan and themickey like this.
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

The last thing I'm worried about is my position. It's 15 bucks. Even if something crazy happens and I get a 50R profit, I could care less. It's not a distraction or the least bit stressful.

I absolutely love the dog walking Idea. The shelter where I got my lab, who was with me for 13 years, is just a few miles away. I hadn't even considered that. Thank you.

#32     Jul 25, 2022
    themickey and MrMuppet like this.
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'm here at the house all day, every day lately. He's with the hospice nurse right now.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My daughter is my only child and I just can't imagine the pain.

#33     Jul 25, 2022
    beginner66 and taowave like this.
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Everyone who has posted kind thoughts and suggestions seems to disagree with you. But thanks anyway for taking the time to post something so constructive and helpful.

#34     Jul 25, 2022
  5. I sense your sarcasm, and I don't mean to be unkind... but I had a cousin who always wanted to talk about his health problems, surgeries, etc. Very tiresome. Hardly anybody want to be around him to constantly hear all about that. We all have some of those things we could talk about, but it's a drag. Rather we talk about good things to celebrate! Graduating from college... winning an award/tournament... that kind of thing.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    #35     Jul 25, 2022
  6. volpri

volpri

She was my only daughter. I have a son who is a few years older than her. He lives a few miles away. We know some of what you are going through. Spend more time with your Dad as the end nears. But take walks or some other activity that carries no risk or little risk in order to give your mind a break. IMO. I am sorry you, your other family members, and your Dad are going through this. It seems like life can throw us some curve balls.

#36     Jul 25, 2022
    smallfil likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

The internet serves a useful purpose to express ourselves in a way we cannot within our own circle.

#37     Jul 25, 2022
    jnbadger likes this.
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

I understand. Sorry for being a dick. Yeah, I don't want to be that guy. I know a few as well. I just thought I'd get some insights from others who can work whenever they want and have been through similar situations.

#38     Jul 25, 2022
  9. We all have been... lost those close to us. I don't know what comforting thoughts there are other than we've all experienced it. I dunno about the "misery loves company" thing. Then again, maybe it's "just me"... I'm sure there are those who empathetically enjoy sharing/supporting the misfortunes of others... even if they are strangers.

#39     Jul 25, 2022
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Talking to the cows and feeding them by hand seems to help. Dad is sound asleep. 20220725_134759.jpg 20220725_134554.jpg 20220725_135107.jpg

#40     Jul 25, 2022