My covid, parent dying, and getting back into trading (eventually).

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jnbadger, Jul 24, 2022.

1. tango29

tango29

Sorry to read that, peace to you and your family.

#51     Jul 28, 2022
    jnbadger likes this.
  2. Radiohead

Radiohead

I think that when our health or lives are at risk or a death happens in the family, it can force us to reevaluate what's really important in life. What you're feeling is normal and trading (and most things) aren't really important. We may enjoy them or get a paycheck from them but there's very few things in life that are actually important, like family, laughter, and paying attention to the beauty of the world before you no longer have eyes to see it. I think most things we humans do is basically a game but we are so into the game that it feels like it is life. Our actual needs for survival are basic compared to what most people strive for. Everything else is a game upon a game. Something to keep us occupied and our minds going while we don't have to contend with tigers and bears in modern times. I'd recommend looking into the teaching of non-egoic spiritual leaders like Eckart Tolle and Alan Watts or some other form of spiritual/religious pursuit and deep meditation. You'll probably find that when you don't seek answers (like about what you should do with your livelihood/trading) and instead allow the answers to come to you, the messages will be clear and unmistakable. If you listen to people like Eckhart Tolle and Alan Watts (lots of stuff on youtube) things can sometimes feel worse before they feel better. You peel away layers of ego and layers that have been imposed by society and it can feel like nothing actually matters in life. Then you will hopefully find that it is actually empowering and what matters in life is just what matters to you. You get to decide. It can feel like something is wrong with you in today's society if you don't have a constant drive to improve and make more money, and it's hard to fight this feeling, but that feeling is just part of the game that society really wants you to play. It's up to you if you want to play it.

#52     Jul 30, 2022
    taowave likes this.
  3. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Sorry for all you are going through. That's alot.

My thoughts . . . trust yourself and do what feels best. Trade when you want, stop when you don't. You will know when the time is right.

#53     Aug 18, 2022
    jnbadger likes this.