My demise

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Giddiyup, Jun 16, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Giddiyup,

The longer this thread continues with you defending (continuing to explain) why you left trading...the more time you continue talking about such while you're trying to return to trading...

This thread will become a distraction and make it more suspicious that you're just seeking attention.

My point, I really doubt you did this (hang out at forums) when you started your trading many years ago when you were successful. Simply, repeat your routine and stay away from defending your psychology. Yet, if I'm wrong and this forum will not be a distraction from your goals, please continue with what you're doing.

Getting back to a friend that I mention early that was in a similar like situation as you, he quickly learned to stay away from this forum because it was feeding that anger he had that spooked him out of the markets and he realized this forum was not part of his original trading routine when he was successful at trading.

I hope you can return back to mental game you had before you got spooked out of the markets. The mind is a strange place.

P.S. This thread may be more suitable for the psychology section of this forum if what spooked you away many years ago still exists.

By the way, below is your very first post here at ET back in 2011. What happen to that programming career and possibly working for a firm to create algos a career as a quant ???

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/i-really-need-your-advice.229631/

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    #51     Jun 17, 2019
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

WIND-UP

#52     Jun 17, 2019
  3. My opinion is that OP was burned out. When the regime shifts from under you, and you lose money, and you have enough money, you're going to just say "fuck it, I'm gonna jerk off for a while".

That's called being human. More of you should try it.

#53     Jun 17, 2019
  4. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Ahh yes that was when I thought hfts were the problem .I thought at the time I should learn to program and become an hft trader. I never followed up on it.

#54     Jun 17, 2019
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

After I read your first post about you saying you're prepared to go to school and do whatever it takes to get into programming algo's...

That was 8 years ago in 2011...what happen between that and today ?

Did you go back to school and decided to do something else in school, did you go work for someone, were you completely away from trading, you were sitting on the remaining profits and have now decided to get back into trading or what ?

wrbtrader

#55     Jun 17, 2019
  6. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

I went back to school for a couple of years . Didn't pan out. I got all As but hated it. Then opened up a business making gaming computers and selling them on Amazon. Did really well initially. The Amazon changed the way their algo worked and that was over.
    Now I drive a tractor trailer. Gives me a ton of time to think. I listen to audio books about trading the whole day every day.

#56     Jun 17, 2019
    Maverick1 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  7. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Ok I have a serious question. Let's turn this thread back in the correct direction .
    Is there such thing as consolidated time and sales? Slow and consolidated enough for a trader to read.
    Also have traders figured out methods to fight hft manipulation?
    I hear some exchanges protect yournorder flow (like iex) but liquidity is a problem.
    Thanks

#57     Jun 17, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Really why is that?

#58     Jun 17, 2019
  9. %%
    You may want to get back in -again, GidiUp. As you rightly discerned;NO such thing as luck;trend follower John Henry said ''what you call luck -i call a small sample'' That's not the best form of money management - quitting LOL; but congrats- looks like you went/walked away with a net good gain.:D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D
    HFT has NEVER , NEVER stopped trends; market is more liquid now than the old time 1/2[ $0.50 cent bid ask/ or 1/4/ $0.25]

#59     Jun 17, 2019
    Giddiyup likes this.
  10. Maverick1

Maverick1

Were you a day trader or swing trader?

I like your attitude and from what I've read I think you are better suited than most to make it happen.

#60     Jun 17, 2019