My experience with FTMO funded account trial

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EDMO12, Jul 21, 2020.

1. "First, what you are buying with money is a demo account which is obtainable everywhere, free. Yet, if you make a mistake you lose your money."

OMG - your kidding right? You do realize that is what all of these funding companies do in their challenges (or combines) ---correct? Its not just FTMO--its every f'king one of them

You pay them money for a demo account to trade on and then you have to prove you can trade within their rules and metrics over a minimum (and sometimes maximum) period of time and if you make a mistake and break their rules then yes..... you fail and lose the previous money money you paid them. Your choice is pay them more to continue or not use them anymore.

That is what Earn2Trade does
    That is what Topstep Trader does
    That is what all the rest of them do as well

Some of them charge a monthly fee (as well as a reset fee) to continue after you fail. Some of them don't charge monthly and simply charge a flat fee per challenge and if you fail a challenge then there is no reset fee or monthly subscription fee --you just simply have to buy a new challenge

#11     Jul 25, 2020
  2. Good post but your calculation seems wrong about Scalin plan..

See here https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

However, also for me FTMO is the best and I disagree when traders are against it because rules are hard or others reasons. We MUST remember that if the money were ours we would behave the same way because the world is full of incompetent traders!

#12     Jan 28, 2021
  3. Saxio

Saxio

N
    now thanks for the extensive analysis , bro !

#13     Mar 31, 2021
  4. Saxio

Saxio

#14     Mar 31, 2021
  5. While this is true......there is a way to profit longer-term. I am currently funded with three accounts and almost funded with a forth one. When you pass, you get half back in these two shops. There are no monthly fees.

Over time, if you can trade well and keep your cool, it becomes a longer-term part time income. That's how I have handled it at least. If you can look at the longer-term picture, it can pay nicely.

HOWEVER, if I ever get these accounts up to 1.24 million each.....I suspect there would be issues. :-D

#15     May 24, 2021
    CdnFuturesTrader likes this.
  6. Lol, to be honest, you sound like someone who is struggling to get funded, I personally think If you know how to trade, the ftmo account offers you an amazing opportunity to change your life, I failed the challenge 4 times, which honestly, taught me the discipline that I needed, I passed in July and have since made back 6x what I lost on the challenge, I have now passed the evaluation phrase on my second challenge and will begin verification next thrusday, I'm on the road to 300k, ftmo is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

#16     Dec 4, 2021
  7. trade2020

trade2020

I can concur that FTMO is not a "trailing" drawdown at all. They do count unrealized losses so if you have a losing position (with no stop) in a fast moving market such as we have experienced in S&P 500 and Nasdaq100 last week then you can fail on a quick spike up or down (depending on whether you are short or long) on your unrealized loss on open position(s) that surpassed the $10,000 daily loss limit) and even though price can recover in seconds sometime on this spikes--the failure still takes places at a fixed loss (such as their $200k acct with $10,000 max daily drawdown) the drawdown still has to be a $10,000 loss from your account value starting point of the day--as opposed to a "trailing" drawdown

--here is the difference shown in examples

Fixed Drawdown of $10,000/day - you start the day at account balance of $208,000 - you gain $20,000 profit in the session and are now at $228,000 - you would have to lose more than $30,000 within the same session to end at $197,999.99 or below to fail

as opposed to a trailing drawdown used by most other big names in this funding business -

Trailing Drawdown - $10,000 - you start the day at account balance of $208,000 - you gain $20,000 profit in the session and are now at $228,000 - you now lose $10,001 and end the day at $217,999 - still up $7,999 profit for the day--but instead you have failed below you lost more than $10,000 from your high of the day and thus you have failed the trailing drawdown and failed the account. Whereas if this was FTMO "fixed" $10,000 daily loss limit--you instead would not fail and would have ended the day with a $7,999 profit

In my opinion the biggest difference between using FTMO (or other) and trying to get a funded account - and just using your own money is this....

When you are trying to pass to get a funded account you are "under the gun"
    timewise as you only have so many days to complete the challenges successfully and thus you mat be forced at times to take trades simply because the "meter is running" and if you dont generate enough profits within "X" amount of time given to pass then you have to start all over again with a new challenge. This pressure to make X amt of profit on or before a certain date can lead to taking bad trades that normally alot of people would not take if they were not under a time crunch to make something happen.

Whereas with your own money--there is no time limit and no meter running (except for whatever one you place on yourself--to pay bills or whatever) so in trading your own money you have the luxury of time (unless you need profits to pay bills by a certain date) and you can sit back in the weeds patiently waiting the best opportunity to make money when the odds are most in your favor. Most traders are not that patient so in most cases the "luxury of time to be patient and wait for the best opportunities" turns out to not be an advantage because the need "to be in the action at all times" takes over many people

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    #17     Dec 5, 2021
  8. Morocco

Morocco

This Prop Trading Firm don't use challenge or demo account, with Audacity Capital when you apply you get funded Live Account up to 500k. tight spread, No broker, no swap. not time limitation. if you can be profitable so you are good trader , with your own fund or any money.

#18     Dec 26, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

BULLSHIT!

If you give me 500K, do you know how much money I can make for that company trading a couple of minis in a swing? THE PROOF IS IN MY JOURNAL!

Your statement is a LIE. STFU! All your prop firm jerkoffs just need to stop talking, because you do not exist in the real world. You exist in FANTASY.

#19     Dec 26, 2021
  10. Morocco

Morocco

you can visit company floor any time you want, to have clear idea.

Address : The Frames 1 Phipp Street, London EC2A 4PS England – United Kingdom

#20     Dec 27, 2021