My own algorithms

Discussion in 'App Development' started by aka1971, Jun 30, 2020.

1. aka1971

aka1971

Hi,

Can someone says me with who I can make my owns trading algorythms ? I know only interactive brokers.

Thanks, regards,

Aka

2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

It's a bit different between research (finding an edge/alpha) and execution (a brokerage like IB or Alpaca). Generally, I would say the former is necessary unless you want to be one of those idiots who "trade" but lose money (yeah it's easy to belong to that category).

For the former, try QuantConnect, Quantopian, just regular Python with some backtesting lib and your own datasets, etc. If you do find an algo with an edge, you will have to port it to your broker unless already supported (QC does support live trading with e.g. IB and IIRC Alpaca).

3. Sig

Sig

Hopefully they're not gory! It's algorithm, btw.

I'll second Quantopian or QuantConnect for a good place to start working with algorithms and making sure you know what you're doing before going live.

old coot likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Any broker that has API just too name few TD, FcStone, RJO, Adventage and the list is long.

5. Most brokers which use MetaTrader 4 or 5 allow you to run an algorithm.

6. El Trado

El Trado

Oanda is good. And since you only pay a spread instead of commission, you can do strategies that require a lot of small trades without going broke

7. aka1971

aka1971

Tanks everyone,

Quantopian / QuantConnect are a perfect starting point !

Best regards