My Story- Lessons learned

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by acesup, Jan 1, 2006.

1. You are 44 yo and yet u brag about your millions, if u had some intelligence u would have not posted details of your business that quite frankly are very private: I learnt nothing from your post other than you are arrogant beyond belief.
    Best of luck with the next big hole in your account.

#21     Jan 1, 2006
  2. Urkel

Urkel

Yes he "sold something to somebody" what does that have to do with him posting a story of his ups and downs of trading? What are you getting at?

One of the things that I "got" from the story of his, which traders deal with is keeping their egos in check while looking in the face of a loser. I dont trade stocks, so the strategy that he was talking about of "Averaging Up" seems crazy unless u have a huge line of capital.

In other words, I could give a crap whether the story is true or not. Immediately what this got me to think about were traders whom trade considerable larger than me at one point or another letting their ego get in their way of them making a decision to finally just take the loser and not selling more and more into the rally because their indicators tell them its coming back and every other time it comes back. Thats all.

#22     Jan 1, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey, guys, I am having this hangover, so could somebody please help me with the math:

What % gains is from $5700 to 20 million (in about 5 years, the years are little messy in the story)

The best story since Livermore, and I LOVE Jesse!!!

Not to mention he was making money by SHORTING in the greatest bullmarket ever..... :cool:

As for evidence, your word is enough for me. As I said, I am having this hangover....

Edit: My hangover is going away, so I would like to point out before any mathwizzard will, that by shorting one can only double his money. On the other hand if you bought pets.com early....

#23     Jan 1, 2006
  4. Urkel

Urkel

BTW I havent slept since Friday and I only read the 1st paragragh and a couple sentences before my 1st post. The story couldve been a little better IMO.:D

#24     Jan 1, 2006
  5. Please explain to us where anybody is correct about me

you = sheep :D

#25     Jan 1, 2006

6. Look at newbie Bitstream

he didn't learn anything!!!

OH MY GOD

someone get the police, poor newbie didn't learn anything from a post on the message board.

Do you think this is elementary school?

Say "GrandMaster Coolweb, I am stupid, please teach me something"

I'll write a sentence or two so you can learn something.

#26     Jan 1, 2006
  7. Randek

Randek

Wow. Half of you are such unbelievably gullible morons.

Here are some magic beans.

#27     Jan 1, 2006
  8. Once you leave the simulator world and step into the real world of trading, maybe then can you call others "newbies".

#28     Jan 1, 2006
  9. That simulation comment is sure getting old :D

Its pitiful you keep saying that

Even the most retarded newbies get out of simulation after the 2nd week, sorry try again

:D

#29     Jan 1, 2006
  10. Then step up son, put real $$$ on the line. No more of these wild posts about your simulator trades.

#30     Jan 1, 2006